Warranty Items -How long to get fixed?

Alicedream

Reaction score
I am just wondering how long it takes for those that have legitimate warranty issues with your Bennington to get the item fixed. I am aware that some of you have had major issues that requires your boat be returned to Bennington and those take a lot of time.  I have an upholstery issue that I reported on July 9th and I am hoping that it can be fixed at the end of September when I take my boat in for year end service. Is that an unreasonable time frame to think this issue should be fixed? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Our boat ended up back at bennington to have our warranty issue handled.  It required the boat to be torn down to basically the toons and start over from there.  We dropped our boat off at the dealer at the end of Oct and we had it back Dec 5th.  Not to bad of turn around time considering all that went into the overhaul and the trucking it back and forth.

What type of upholstery problem are you having?  Is it something that will probably require a whole new seat (back - bottom and base) or is it just a seat bottom that could be ordered in advance and installed when you pull the boat this fall?  Either way if it has been decided by bennington to indeed be a warranty issue I'd think that your dealer would have ordered the items and had them in stock so when the time comes it won't take them to long to take care of it for you.

I have a small rip in the corner of the L seating. You can tell it was caused by removing the corner seat to get at storage and then when you put it back it rubs in the same area. It is a small rip, but those become big rips. My wife is concerned as are previous Benny never had one issue with the upholstery in 10 years.  She just is not convinced that the new materials they now use will be as durable.  My guess is that  they have to replace at least part of the L seating. I can't see them trying to repair it.

That shouldn't be a big issue.  If they have decided that it's going to be replaced (not repaired) I don't see why the dealer wouldn't have already ordered the seat that needs attention and have it ready to go.

You'd be surprised at what dealers can do with repairing the vinyl seats.  We had an issue with a seat bottom on the rear lounger that got torn.....we think a guest snagged it but can't prove it.   We didn't catch it till later (my fault) but wanted it replaced.....either under warranty or on our dime.  The seat bottom was over 300 bux for a new one but the dealer said they have a guy that could have fixed the tears in it for around 60-75.  How well the repair would have held up is a big question and it was on the front edge of the seat bottom (a wear area) and the boat wasn't even a year old yet....not even 4 months old actually.  So we have a spare seat bottom with a slight tear in it that we were going to use in another project but haven't done so yet.

Regarding the time frame, furniture and canvases are sourced items, so Bennington is at the mercy of vendors on these items 

When I recently had to have a "seat" replaced due to a smoking employee at a restaurant we docked at, I contacted the dealership. They ordered the seat and gave me a call when it came in. It took a month to get the seat from Bennington to the dealer. I picked up the seat and installed it myself to eliminate any down time. After all, there were only three screws to remove and put back into the new seat. I'd just rather do the little stuff myself to be sure it's done with TLC. 

It took 12 weeks to get a new captains chair for our last boat. When the current one went down to the cross members it was about a month.

Bear in mind, these items also typically come loaded on another toon ordered for the dealer. It could take awhile based on their incoming orders. I just had cover replaced and it was 8 weeks. I wasn't in a rush though, as I knew the turnaround time could be anywhere from 6-12 depending on Bennington sourcing it and the dealers order file.

/monthly_2017_03/large.58bc5a5d61d4c_Boatseats003.JPG.3a0c660d39a0114a1f828b77ad5b5448.JPG/monthly_2017_03/large.58bc5a2f88f40_Boatseats001.JPG.3e0d492ffe11133dc142dd92f93783e2.JPG

My problems are in both bow L seats. Brand new, when I opening the front hatch, the back material came out from the webbing, that holds it in place. It was fixed, by the dealer. This was before we took delivery. It happened again.

I'm told that new seats are coming, they are on back order. Hopefully they will be in before spring. The dealer is installing them.

it took 6 months to get the seat to be replaced. Since Bennington has changed upholstery vendor, it is taking longer to get warranty items for seating.

I dropped mine off Jan. 21.  There were a couple of imperfections in the floor covering.  I was called last week and informed it is on the line, getting vinyl replaced and it should be returned by end of March.  Just in time to install new speakers, maybe graphics and hit the water.

3/6/17 Just got an email informing me my Benni is back. 

Back