Warranty Question

sjhorner9475

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Q with a Suzuki motor and rigging. Yesterday while cruising, one of my two digital gauges switched from displaying the page I had chosen to showing the Suzuki logo. I tried to bring up other displays but nothing worked. The only other thing it will display is when I change the throttle setting it will temporarily show "forward", "neutral", or "reverse" over the Suzuki logo. I checked under the helm thinking maybe a wire was disconnected but that is not the case. Any thoughts on the cause of this? Also, would this be covered by Suzuki's warranty or Bennington's warranty? I ask because a Suzuki authorized dealer is only 15 minutes away but the Bennington dealer is about 2 hours away. Appreciate the help.

Unfortunately you should take it to the Bennington dealer. You could call the Suzuki dealer,but gages and digital screens are part of the boat .

I would certainly call Suzuki for troubleshooting. Perhaps it is something simply (once you know about it) that you can adjust and get set properly. Otherwise, the bow to stern 10 year Bennington warranty is going to be the warranty for gauges, digital screens, etc… that came originally with the boat. Now if it is an actual motor problem in the future, and if still under the Suzuki warranty, you’d go to them for that.

So I took the boat to my Bennington Dealer. He was at a loss for an explanation and reached out to Bennington. He has since told me that Bennington has engaged their engineering department for a solution as there are other owners with the same problem and Suzuki does not have a solution. It has been has been over 2 months and no solution yet. Is there a way I can get in touch with Bennington directly? Thanks in advance.

Do a search in the upper right corner , I have posted their phone number several times .

Who makes the gauges - are these Suzuki digital gauges or Simrad?

If you wanted to DIY I would first try a hard/total reset if that's an option in the manual. Beware you may have to reconfigure the engine, fuel, GPS and other settings, but you might not have a workaround. Beyond that it might be worth asking the dealer to ask for a gauge replacement if they are "stumped". Doing nothing is not an acceptable answer for a warranted product so they unfortunately might have to start throwing parts at it. Be respectful but stay on 'em!

Please post the final solution when repaired. I’m thinking the ECM (computer) is the culprit.

I would be willing to bet money its your suzuki interface cable. Do you have a simrad or garmin as a display? My boat did something similar when the cable was going bad

Back