Warranty Service in the Houston, TX area

daklown

Reaction score
Unfortunately, SMG Wake of Houston is the only factory authorized dealer I've found in this area although I'm currently communicating with Bennington about this.

Had to have warranty service plus a couple other relatively simple repairs (prop replacement, radio replacement) and they had my boat for 10.5 weeks to get it done.

This was a crack in my dash caused when an incorrect steering wheel was installed (not what was ordered) and required fiberglass work.

The excuses abounded including such things as the Gel-Coat hadn't arrived, they had the wrong color and had to reorder, then it was slow arriving again, etc. etc....

Now I might not have been quite so aggravated - but after paying their bill and picking up my boat, the first stop was the lake to take grand kids for a ride.

Launched the boat and found out the Garmin wasn't working - talk about hot under the collar.......... Fortunately, I also had setup to use a Lowrance which I brought with me and hooked up.

When I got home later that day, I started investigating and found that they had failed to reconnect the Garmin - two simple plug in wires that they had disconnected to do the warranty work.

I've sent their Manager a letter to explain my displeasure, and I've contacted Bennington to get them involved.

Don't know how many other owners have had experience with SMG Wake, but would love to hear from you and know how your experiences have been.

Also, does anyone else know of any other "reputable" dealers in the Houston area that are authorized to do warranty work for Bennington?

Not Bennington but our camper needed warranty work the local dealer messed up so much I hooked up and drove over 150 miles to the next dealer to get it worked on and they did a great job. Make sure that the new shop knows why you are there and hope they will put out the red carpet for you good service spreads fast poor service spreads even faster.

Back