warranty

SMLBENNY

Reaction score
I ordered a new Benny from a dealer in n.C. And it has been a fabulous experience. I realize this is a forum for happy, jovial owners or potential owners of Bennington products. However, when a Bennington dealer in Virginia tells me during negotiations that "I will not service or warranty a product that I didn't sell" seems to me Bennington would want to know this. Also, any other person shopping may want to reconsider this venue for a Bennington if this is their attitude. I am sure there is a dealer agreement with Bennington that clearly states this dealer who represents the manufacturer services and warranties the product. I can understand if I buy a Bennington somewhere else that I may not get priority if I need warranty or service work but, to say to a potential Bennington customer that you will not do service or warranty work unless I sell it to you....Hmmmmm that is wrong and a breech of the contract I am sure. My issue isn't with Bennington ....i have placed a deposit and am excited however, I feel as though this issue needs attention. Am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say it will be sorted out and you should get an answer. Please have a little patience. This place is new and really just now crawling good. Given time, it will learn to walk and things will happen at a faster pace.

In the mean time, let me welcome you to the forum. If you give it a chance, you will find people here who can and will help with all sorts of technical issues you may have.

I will say it will be sorted out and you should get an answer. Please have a little patience. This place is new and really just now crawling good. Given time, it will learn to walk and things will happen at a faster pace.

In the mean time, let me welcome you to the forum. If you give it a chance, you will find people here who can and will help with all sorts of technical issues you may have.
Thank you amr. I am very much looking forward to this forum. In all that I have read, it is a fantastic resource for all kinds of information. The folks on here are very honest and upfront with the pro's and cons and I like the objectivity. I think it is an excellent idea so, kudos to whoever and/or who all started it and maintains it. I welcome a response from whoever can add to my thought process over the situation.

I posted at 9:36 am today and it appears my post has been removed. It's back up now.
Remember that TV show with Tim Allen, called "Tool Time"?

Remember how he was with tools?

Well, think of us like that.

Heck, one of MY posts disappeared a couple of weeks ago. I would have re-posted it, but I forgot what I was talking about. :blink:

Anyhow, buying a boat is a lot like buying a car. You're not just getting a shiny new toy, you're getting a new RELATIONSHIP.

Choose a dealer that you're comfortable with; one which you are confident will be there for you when you really need him to be.

And if you happen to run into one that gives you a bad vibe for some reason, I'm sure Bennington would be grateful if you dropped a dime on him. They've gone to a good deal of effort to position their products and people in that "Cadillac" slot, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the information.

They've gone to a good deal of effort to position their products and people in that "Cadillac" slot, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the information.
Can we make it the "Mercedes" slot...makes me feel better...Just kidding...hope you get it all taken care of and regardless of all else I'm sure you will love your new Benny.

Remember that TV show with Tim Allen, called "Tool Time"?

Remember how he was with tools?

Well, think of us like that.

Heck, one of MY posts disappeared a couple of weeks ago. I would have re-posted it, but I forgot what I was talking about. :blink:

Anyhow, buying a boat is a lot like buying a car. You're not just getting a shiny new toy, you're getting a new RELATIONSHIP.

Choose a dealer that you're comfortable with; one which you are confident will be there for you when you really need him to be.

And if you happen to run into one that gives you a bad vibe for some reason, I'm sure Bennington would be grateful if you dropped a dime on him. They've gone to a good deal of effort to position their products and people in that "Cadillac" slot, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the information.

Funny....your analogy is correct... I guarantee it!!! I am an independent automobile dealer here in Va and have been for the last 15 yrs. I've been in the auto business since 1983. It is vital to your business that you treat each and every customer as though you would want to be treated. In today's retail world without the respect and friendly service you can be out of business really fast. I can only assume this dealer has taken his Bennington franchise and customers for granted due to the fact he is the only one on the lake. He has a very captive audience. I feel like I got the Cadillac/Mercedes of toons and I wanted the same in my dealer, it just wasnt him. I am very ,very happy with the dealer in N.C. and will recommend them to everyone I know who is shopping. I look at it like this I bought a toon and a fantastic dealer. Bennington should pursue offering another dealer on the lake here there franchise....they will have a much better face on such a huge lake!!! before ,during and after the purchase. thank for your comments an it is like "tool time"...great forum!!

Welcome SMLbenny. I commented on your post that was yanked and hope you got to read it. Glad you bought the right boat from the right dealer. When will you be taking delv?

Happy Ending! Mohitos all around!

SMLBENNY, sorry we all got off on a shakey start, and to hear about a dealer with an attitude like that is a shame. I would guess that Bennington will be in contact with them. I certainly understand your concerns about warranty issues, but most of us have had very good luck so far, because of Bennington's high quality standards. I am confident you will get everything you hoped for and then some, and i hope you don't have to test your dealers promise for service. Post us some pics when you get your new toy, and get out there and enjoy it! And of course, please feel free to ask us about any questions you may have ;)

I ordered a new Benny from a dealer in n.C. And it has been a fabulous experience. I realize this is a forum for happy, jovial owners or potential owners of Bennington products. However, when a Bennington dealer at smith mountain lake, Virginia tells me during negotiations that "I will not service or warranty a product that I didn't sell" seems to me Bennington would want to know this. Also, any other person shopping may want to reconsider this venue for a Bennington if this is their attitude. I am sure there is a dealer agreement with Bennington that clearly states this dealer who represents the manufacturer services and warranties the product. I can understand if I buy a Bennington somewhere else that I may not get priority if I need warranty or service work but, to say to a potential Bennington customer that you will not do service or warranty work unless I sell it to you....Hmmmmm that is wrong and a breech of the contract I am sure. After realizing my post was removed I thought I would repost. My issue isn't with Bennington ....i have placed a deposit and am excited however, I feel as though this issue needs attention. Am I wrong?
Hi SML -

I was being honest and describing my experience with a Bennington employee.

Hi SML -

I was being honest and describing my experience with a Bennington employee.
SML -

Looks like we both took a hit on our "reputation" in our profiles from the posts yesterday. Both posts are back now.

Jakester & SMLBENNY, I for one am sorry you feel like you have been slighted on this forum, the forum was put together by one member of Benningtons staff who felt that Bennington owners should have a forum to share their boating and Bennington experiences with each other. There has been some talk about making some changes to the forum, and possibly adding an area for questions/comments directed to Bennington, this would help in situations such as yours, and i hope that is in the works. But for now, the forum is open to disscussion about your experiences, but we'd like to keep it freindly. Bennington does not monitor this forum in a direct manner, they left that to the moderators, we are just volunteers and fellow members, as such we have somewhat limited resources to work with. We can and do forward problems to Bennington, but that does take time. The forum has grown to over 500 members now, and as it gets bigger we will have some problems along the way, we will do our best to keep up with all of you, and hope you all will be supportive as we learn. We do care about you and your new Benningtons, and want to help in any way we can, so lets keep our cool and enjoy the forum in the manner it was intended. Welcome aboard folks, now get out there and enjoy some time on the water! :) :) :)

Jakester & SMLBENNY, I for one am sorry you feel like you have been slighted on this forum, the forum was put together by one member of Benningtons staff who felt that Bennington owners should have a forum to share their boating and Bennington experiences with each other. There has been some talk about making some changes to the forum, and possibly adding an area for questions/comments directed to Bennington, this would help in situations such as yours, and i hope that is in the works. But for now, the forum is open to disscussion about your experiences, but we'd like to keep it freindly. Bennington does not monitor this forum in a direct manner, they left that to the moderators, as such we have somewhat limited resources to work with. We can and do forward problems to Bennington, but that does take time. The forum has grown to over 500 members now, and as it gets bigger we will have some problems along the way, we will do our best to keep up with all of you, and hope you all will be supportive as we learn. We do care about you and your new Benningtons, and want to help in any way we can, so lets keep our cool and enjoy the forum in the manner it was intended. Welcome aboard folks, now get out there and enjoy some time on the water! :) :) :)
Hi G&B -

I for one do not feel "slighted". I was just making an observation as to why I think the post was deleted. I think it's wrong to deleted a post for voicing issues about dealers and staff and also think it's wrong to post a negative rating to our profiles because of the post. This is an owners forum and I was posting my experience as an owner on a subject in response to a post. At no point was my post (or SML's) unfriendly so I'm a little confused as to your statement above. It just seems the moderator (Bennington or whoever it may be) was a little sensative.

Back