Was Disappointed...Not Anymore!

TonyC

Reaction score
We ordered our boat on May 14 and was advised of a 2-3 weeks delivery. I called the day after Memorial Day to see if I could add something during production and was told that the boat is basically built.. But would check to see if it was possible. I didn't receive an answer on this issue. Called around week 5 to find out where my boat was and was advised would have it in time for the 4th of July. Here it is June 29 and still no boat. Previous email to the dealer went unanswered. To all of you who have your boats is it really worth the wait or should I just cancel and go someplace else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tony,

I cannot speak for Bennington but 2-3 weeks does not even sound reasonable with the popularity of the brand. Not sure if the dealer was being realistic either. However, I will tell you that I researched what I considered to be the top pontoon manufactures including Premier, Harris flotebote, Manitou and others and the Bennington is at the top IMHO. Fit/ finish and warranty are top notch. Waiting was very difficult for me too but it will be worth the wait. Good luck.

Like Gastonguy says, it is worth the wait. I too, researched for almost a year before comitting to a brand. I purchased at a boat show in January, and it was May before it was ready at the dealer. Hang in there and you will understand when you get it.

It sounds like the dealer set the wrong expectations. I also ordered ours in January and it wasn't ready until May. Like others, I researched for a year and decided Bennington offered the best style and fit and finish IMHO. Personally I don't like any other boat I have seen so it is totally worth it. Hang in there. I hope you can enjoy it for the 4th.

We ordered our boat on May 14 and was advised of a 2-3 weeks delivery. I called the day after Memorial Day to see if I could add something during production and was told that the boat is basically built.. But would check to see if it was possible. I didn't receive an answer on this issue. Called around week 5 to find out where my boat was and was advised would have it in time for the 4th of July. Here it is June 29 and still no boat. Previous email to the dealer went unanswered. To all of you who have your boats is it really worth the wait or should I just cancel and go someplace else?
Wow....three weeks!!! I dont think the dealer was being straight with you. When we ordered our boat in early spring the dealer told us 6-8 weeks, with it most likely taking eight weeks, and it was exactly eight weeks. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Bennington is definetly with the wait. Ordered boat april 19th. Boat was ready for pick up june 9th. Wait for it, you will mot be disappointed. But u should take issue with your dealer about how you were unfairly treated

Todd

I am sorry to hear the boat will not be ready when the sales person said it would. They are the best built boats you will find for the money, Great style, quality and value. I hope someone here from Bennington reading the forum sees your post and helps you out. They are worth it, Hope things can get expedited for you.

The sad thing is that Bennington builds the boat in 11a week. For you not to be able to get your change in is absurd. Especially its since they are telling you the 4th of july now and memorial day was a month ago.

Todd

Hey Tony I feel your pain. I ordered my boat in Feb and waited 14 weeks and was very frustrated. I also considered canceling my boat and buying something else but I really wanted the Benny. From my dealer and Bennington I discovered that they had sales this year that far exceed there expectations. This not only put them behind but put pressure on there material suppliers. If it was me I would be mad at the dealer I hate being mislead. You need to find out from the dealer if Bennington has set a build date for your boat this will give you a realastic time for delivery. Was it worth the wait for me? YES :D

Good Luck

Steve

Hi everyone. First off, thank you for encouraging others that Bennington is worth the wait, we really appreciate it. Now, here's the scoop: Yes, after an incredible downturn in the marine industry, Bennington has had a robust year that has exceeded every forcast, budget and business plan we put forth. While this is good news in many respects, it is also difficult for us because we pride ourselves on meeting an exceeding customer expectations. Our customer is our dealer and his/her customer is YOU! We want to make both happy.

This year, since demand has exceeded supply, we have had to schedule farther ahead so that our suppliers can keep up. We allocate build slots up to 14 weeks in advance, and the "lock-in" date varies throughout the year, but is currenty 5 weeks out. (No changes allowed after the lock-in date.) This is in stark contrast to 2 years ago, when we allocated 3 weeks in advance! Dealers try their best to manage their slots, and we're sorry to hear that someone stumbled. Please accept our apology.

Last edited:
First I would like to thank all of you who took time to reply to my posts. Second, after a call to my dealer, who couldn't have been more apologetic about arival dates, promised to have me on the water by the 4th of July. I am elated to say that I got the call on July first that we were all set. The only thing that almost killed the day was the wait at the DMV. My dealer met me near my home. Gave me and my family over 3hours of instruction and made us feel like a part of his family. There was no question to stupid even at 8pm when most dealers are closed. I have a very difficult slip to get into. It involves 3 tight turns and one side is unprotected concrete (this is what you get for a very good price, shopping late in the season, and accepting something still under construction). He instructed and practiced with me until I could slip the QE2 into that spot. Was it worth the wait? Allof you were right. I am so pleased with the finished product. We get so many compliments and all of my upgrades including fish/depth finder are complete.

Thank you Dave, Steve, Rick, Team Bennington, and all the helpful people on this forum. When we do buy our next Bennington and recommend Bennington to others, we will be sure to order earlier because; "Yes, the wait IS worth it."!!!!!

Tony C

PS: I would just like to add that when I first inquired about availability, there were two 2011's. I waited a week to make up my mind and they were sold in the mean time. My quote of 2-3 weeks was based on some miscommunication along the pipeline that there were two more 2011 left at another dealer which when we checked ended up not being true. So when I let my order stand I thought it would be 2-3 weeks. My mistake for not getting clarification. To my surprise I got a 2012 and considering what you have all said, my turn around time was excellent. My dealer and Bennington truly do a great job and do care for their customers. thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad everything worked out for you Tony.

Happy Boating. :D

Lets see some pics of that 2012 :D

Tony,

So pleased that the outcome turned out well and you are happy. Now the fun begins. How about some pictures of your new 2012 Bennie!!

congrats Tony.........sounds like the wait was well worth the reward!!! hope you have a lifetime of fun and safe boating with tha Benny!!

Back