Wash Down on 22 SLX Tritoon

skip86262

Reaction score
Hello All. I've been informed that the wash down is not available on 22 SLX w/ privacy. Any suggestions for DIY wash down? Thanks. Skip.

Hmmm ...... did you get livewell too ? I know you cant get both, but I was going to get it on the SLX I was originally going to buy ???

Have dealer call Bennington direct, it does not show in boat builder, but it does give livewell option.

Livewell pump is on toon bracket, washdown pump is mounted on deck.

The pump would typically be located back near battery on "washdown" ?? If not, have your dealer put one in.

They are not hard to do.

YOU DO need a spot for the intake, so if you have a live well, you will have to figure out a way to mount both intakes ......

I'm going to install one on my RLi.

Here's the one I'm thinking about. Don't try to be cheap or you'll get poor water flow and low pressure.

http://www.westmarin...&classNum=50665

Or if you need something cheap & easy for just a quick spray down, not heavy use, try this ..... self contained, plug and play ....

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=983484&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50632&subdeptNum=50661&classNum=50665

Last edited by a moderator:
Another early riser... No live well, but lots of sand to wash off the grandkids. The option shows on website & brochure, but dealer says factory stopped adding. Boat to be built 4/22. We did order the helm sink though. Thanks. Skip.

Another early riser... No live well, but lots of sand to wash off the grandkids. The option shows on website & brochure, but dealer says factory stopped adding. Boat to be built 4/22. We did order the helm sink though. Thanks. Skip.
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, the helm sink just uses a jug of water with hand pump connected to it.

They don't show the washdown on Boat Builder anymore though. I'm sure dealer can call and "ask" them and they "might" do it.

I've seen many things they "don't" list but will do on request. That's the nice thing about BENNINGTON, it's not all "cut & dry" one size fits all.

I was going to add the helm sink on the SLX we were going to order. Good for quick wash of hands or when the kiddies have watermelon juice on their hands !!! :D

I don't think they are all that great anyway. Pressure is not good. Always wanted to change pump our to something with power. IMO

I ordered and my dealer is installing the first one on Semper's list. He says is an outstanding system.

I don't think they are all that great anyway. Pressure is not good. Always wanted to change pump our to something with power. IMO
It's all in what you buy, the washdown on the fishing boat we go out on has more pressure than my house garden hose. Now keep in mind his pump probably cost $1000 !!!! :D

I'm adding the 40" Mini Galley, and am immediately pulling the hand pump faucet and am installing a 12V pump and pressure capable faucet. The idea of adding a wash down has crossed my mind as well. The pump I'm installing is only 55 psi/ 3 GPM, but even that could empty the 6G fresh water tank in two minutes. I assume that most will be pumping lake or sea water throught the wash down?

I'm adding the 40" Mini Galley, and am immediately pulling the hand pump faucet and am installing a 12V pump and pressure capable faucet. The idea of adding a wash down has crossed my mind as well. The pump I'm installing is only 55 psi/ 3 GPM, but even that could empty the 6G fresh water tank in two minutes. I assume that most will be pumping lake or sea water throught the wash down?
Yeah that's all I'd be pumping. Just for hosing off dirt/sand and such. You could always install a fresh water tank.

In think its 8lb/gallon. , so 22 gallons is only the weight of an avg adult.

Throw some iodine tabs in there, and you might have drinking water ........ ????

Back