Water heat warning light and audio alarm

Boatingbob

Reaction score
Bought a 2010 GLi with Evinrude 115-Ho last September and put 70 hours on it before today. Went out today for a couple hours and the water temperature (or some such) light and loud audio warning went off at around 3000 RPM 3 or 4 times. Went to neutral and both warnings went off. Cranked it back up and there was no warning ... for awhile.

Water was being expelled from back. Nothing obstructing Evinrude as far as I could tell.

Watcha think? Yea, could call dealer. Anything more simple? I am not the guy to take the cover off and begin messing with it.

Thanks.

Bob in NC

Bombardier gives you the long warranty. Take it to the selling dealer for a warranty claim.

Let them worry about the problem.

Is the external oil tank full of oil? Sometimes alarms will go off when oil tanks are low--and go into a fail safe mode.

Plenty of oil.

Bombardier gives you the long warranty. Take it to the selling dealer for a warranty claim.

Let them worry about the problem.

Is the external oil tank full of oil? Sometimes alarms will go off when oil tanks are low--and go into a fail safe mode.

Plenty of oil.
Did you have the break-in or 50 hour service? Might be time if you haven't

Alarm could be real could be a errant alarm. They typically operate for a reason. Do a service inspection.

You could have lost a couple of fins on your impellar, this is what draws the lake water into your engine to cool, you will still get water running out the back but its not enough to cool at higher rpms, if you still have a warranty take it back to the dealer, but this is a wear item and usually not covered under warranty, impellar is usually around $30.00 and around $100 to install.

I know it sounds weird, but I think the first service is at 200 or 300 hours and there is no break in requirement.

Did you have the break-in or 50 hour service? Might be time if you haven't

Alarm could be real could be a errant alarm. They typically operate for a reason. Do a service inspection.

Back