Water in the Seat Storage Compatments

bankerii

Reaction score
Greetings all. New to the forum and new Bennington owner here. Took delivery of my 2275 RCW with 250hp Yamaha last week. Wow - what a boat. I have owned ski boats, fishing boats and other pontoon boats; this is the best boat purchase I have ever made. I absolutely love it.

Question regarding water in the seat storage compartments: My boat is staying in the water at a marina. I have already been caught in a couple of big rain's and I am getting a lot of water in the roto cast seat storage areas. I do see some drain holes, but there are plenty of places for water to get trapped with no chance to drain. I'm thinking about drilling some additional drain holes in the bottom of these seats. Is this advisable?

Also, after a rain, is it OK to cover the boat wet, or does it need to dry out before putting the playpen cover on?

Thanks in advance..

Hi Banker, so glad to hear that you are enjoying that ride. You can certainly add a few extra drain holes at the back wall of your seat bases if we didn't provide enough drainage to your liking. The water then drains through the raised rails. Remember...moisture will end up in the drain traps that sit on the edges of the seat base floor. Sometimes it takes an hour or two for water to find it's way to the traps if you've had a gully-washer. If you want to add holes to the actual floor of the seat bases, rather than the back corners of the traps, the moisture will run to the carpeted deck below and eventually dry out, but it's not recommended. (Mold trap 101)

Hope this helps, TB

Last edited:
Back