WATER SPOTS

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Bennington in Black and I'm, having an issue with water spots. I have tried strait Vinegar, Boat Bling Hot Sauce and a few other simple methods. The Hot sauce removed a small amount; however, it seems like there is a deeper layer still there. The boat is clean and shiny; however, the black is not as shiny as it once was due to these water spots. I just ordered Mcguiars hard water sport remover and will give that a try tomorrow. Any other suggestions.....Ive attached pictures.

Attachments

• ben1.jpg
    ben1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ben 2.jpg
    ben 2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 84
I have the Ocean blue with Black accent. I've had similar issues with the fine water spots.

I use Boat Bling's hot sauce also for quick wipe down when we get off the water. While it works good for most cleaning needs, I've found the only thing that gets off all the water spots and lake grime is a complete wax job!

We do that once a year!

Brandon, you're not alone with the water spot problem. While I haven't tried Hot Sauce, a vinegar solution and waxing only seem to produce limited results for me. Let us know if you come across something that does work.

Same predicament for us too. Following to see what solutions may appear as others reply.

Subscribed!
I have the same issue all over my boat. There has got to be something that works. I eagerly anticipate finding out what it is! Please do tell! I've even tried dawn dish detergent, which is supposed to remove EVERYTHING including all the wax.

Good luck as what you see are typically the trace minerals left after water evaporates. I don't think you'll stop it, but maybe with a very thorough clean then a Nono-ceramic coating? Might at least make it easier to remove.

My boat doesn’t look terrible but it is worse than any vehicle I have delt with when I tried get it cleaned off the navy blue. I did everything but get the polisher out. But I guess that and hand polishing due to all the bars is the only option to get it cleaned back up.

I wish I was the type that could just go with it how ever it is but that isn’t me.

Any recommendations of cleaner wax or polish that have been successful?

Maybe try clay barring it and using something like Adams Detail Polish as the lube. That’s what we use on our cars.

ALL, I came across a very simple solution yesterday and I am kicking myself for not figuring this out sooner. I literally went and purchased some cheap turtle wax and used the applicator that it came with, once hazed over I used my orbital buffer from Harbor freight to clean off the haze. It looks almost brand new.

Anyone try a clay bar?

I used the mothers speed clay last year and it didn’t help. I used detail spray as lubricant

Yes I use Turtle Wax. Good stuff. I even use it on my vinyl wrap. Old habits die hard.. ..

Back