Wave shield and splash guard

kludy5

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Q25 Tritoon with a Yamaha 250. We are on LOTO. We purchased the boat in 2019. Earlier this summer while floating around the boat we noticed between the port and center toon the angle piece that runs the length of the center tune was peeled back. Is this the wave shield? Also the piece approximately 18"×24" in between the port and center toon under the front deck was tearing. Is this the splash guard? Having trouble finding any pictures on the internet. We took to a recommended welder and it appeared he took the rivets out to about halfway down the boat bent the piece back and cut a bit off making it impossible to reattach to the cross member then put new rivets in and they worked their way out. The splash guard ripped again and the rivets worked their way out. I put self tapping ss screws in to hold it on. Anyone have any idea wear to order these pieces or would a bennington dealer replace these. Just want it done right. Any help would be appreciated.

A dealer should be able to order the parts ,some on the forum have made and installed the wave shield themselves

Wave shield is between the tubes ,it stops the waves from hitting the cross members. Wave tamer is the smaller piece that extends from the end of shield to the bow .

I believe the Wave Tamer was created for the LOTO. I know the thicker walled tubes were. It is a LOTO package.

What’s LOTO?

Wow, I thought it was mostly aircraft that popped rivets and torn sheet metal in overstress. How is the pontoon being used and do you notice deck flex in normal ops? Your description makes it sound like a long-term fix would require stronger construction or less demanding use.

There are a lot of variables on a 2012 pontoon. Has the wave shield been removed and reinstalled ? If so by who dealer or previous owner ? Hit an object underwater? Lots of possibilities.

There are a lot of variables on a 2012 pontoon. Has the wave shield been removed and reinstalled ? If so by who dealer or previous owner ? Hit an object underwater? Lots of possibilities.
Yeah…I was assuming something along these lines…particularly the possibility it hit something submerged at some point in time. I believe LOTO is a man-made dammed up lake. So there are likley many submerged, and partially submerged tree trunks, which can be a tricky issue in coves. I know Table Top lake (somewhat nearby LOTO) is that way. Would be easy to mess up something like that.

Yep , we have a lot of submerged stumps in the Cheboygan River that can only be seen when the water is low.

Yup, all possible, but the recurrent damage makes other things suspect after the "qualified" repair.

Not enough information is given in the original post. We most likely will never know .

Back