Wavy Side Skin

dmc308

Reaction score
Is the side skin supposed to be wavy and have gaps like this? 2018 23 RSB purchased new. This is on the starboard section only in front of helm. All other sections are smooth and tight. A few other Bennington on my dock and skin is smooth and tight to the fencing on those. Opinions welcome. Thx

Attachments

• E9E9A8AC-C43C-48FF-B6F0-4DBB5B10F91E.jpeg
    E9E9A8AC-C43C-48FF-B6F0-4DBB5B10F91E.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 68
  • A0C751B4-9A38-4B1D-A95C-D5F0DB257EEC.jpeg
    A0C751B4-9A38-4B1D-A95C-D5F0DB257EEC.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 8CC1748B-B4C3-4186-AC3D-82D8DABB3FD4.jpeg
    8CC1748B-B4C3-4186-AC3D-82D8DABB3FD4.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 67
Definitely not right.

warranty issue or is there a way to self repair? Anyone else ever had the issue? Thx

I would lean warranty on that. I am not sure on fixing it and it looking right given the way the panels are. And to replace, I believe you’d need to remove furniture and come at it from the inside of boat. To factor those two things into the equation, and it’s still under warranty, my inclination is to go with that UNLESS someone else chimes in soon with some inside scoop and strategies.

Sure no one hit it or pushed against it? Neighboring dock???
Very odd it’s just cropping up now.
Theres typically double sided tape in the horizontal rail/panel runs, but both my boats the tape left loose at spots after the first year.
it’s possibly oil-canning if that tape left loose and that dark color will do it quicker in direct sun. Does it lay flat after the sun goes down?

Last edited:
They use a double sided tape in spots. If you can push it from behind I’m sure you’ll hear it try to grab, but it probably won’t stay “stuck” to the tape.

Not sure how long it has been like this, but just noticed when doing spring cleaning. Definitely more noticeable in direct sunlight. Don’t think anyone pushed against given dock location and we never tie up to other boats. Wonder why they wouldn’t have placed a few inside rivets as opposed to depending on double sided tape ( due to contraction of metal possibly?)

Thin metal will expand wildly in temperature change, I'm in a line of work where we have to factor that in, if the panel was cut a bit long this is the result one would expect

Back