WE HAVE IT...!!

rockcreek

Reaction score
OUR NEW 2012 2250 GL WAS DELIVERED FRIDAY! WE HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND ON THE LAKE HERE IN BELLEVILLE MICHIGAN!! THIS IS THE LIFE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
THX PRINCE! WE'RE LOVING OUR BOAT. 17 HRS IN 2.5DAYS!!I WILL POST PICS OVER THE WEEKEND. I LIKE THIS BENNINGTON CLUB THING, ITS PRETTY COOL!!

OUR NEW 2012 2250 GL WAS DELIVERED FRIDAY! WE HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND ON THE LAKE HERE IN BELLEVILLE MICHIGAN!! THIS IS THE LIFE!!
Yup congratulations Rockcreek!!!!!!!

Now the fun starts! Enjoy it!!!!!!!!

Pics when you can.................

Congrats. Enjoy the good weather have in Michigan right now.

Todd

Congrats! This will be a great time in your life, enjoy!

Steve

Congrats on the new toon!!!

Congrats, but no pics, no proof !!!!! :lol:

I also boat in Belleville, we need to hook up

Ron

BTW PM sent

I know how you feel, this past weekend was our first on our home lake and we loved it as well. Congrats and enjoy

thx everyone for all the well wishes! Semper your funny lol but i do apopreciate your position. we will be on the lake this wkend so pictures will be up no later then monday. :p

Enjoy man, we got our 24 SSLX a month and a half ago and already have 30 hours on it. Best summer so far.. I do miss my little Bayliner Capri 1750LS a little, but the feeling goes away when I fire up that file injected Yamaha 150 on my toon...

Cheers

Brian

Brian: I too miss my last boat--a 1985 Starcraft 24' pontoon with a Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke. 26 years' of virtually trouble free service is long enough. You know, I bought that boat repossessed from Mercury Marine Acceptance for $6,800 6 months old. I'd say I got my money's worth.

Wait! I still have the Starcraft. All I have to do is put a $845 aftermarket lower unit on it, and it's still good. Good to sell.

I also purchased a 24 SSLX, Bronze with Ivory upholstery and Mocha carpet from the dealer in Dickson. I haven't had time to finish breaking in the Yamaha 150 engine, as we've been having afternoon storms. A 11' x 18' metal frame had to be fabricated for the boat to rest on in my boathouse. I finished installing it this afternoon, and will be painting it tomorrow. Hopefully, my new boat will be in it's boathouse Saturday--and for many years to come. The dealer switched the 14 pitch prop for a Reliance 15 pitch prop yesterday, and I'll be interested if it made much difference.

Brian: I too miss my last boat--a 1985 Starcraft 24' pontoon with a Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke. 26 years' of virtually trouble free service is long enough. You know, I bought that boat repossessed from Mercury Marine Acceptance for $6,800 6 months old. I'd say I got my money's worth.

Wait! I still have the Starcraft. All I have to do is put a $845 aftermarket lower unit on it, and it's still good. Good to sell.

I also purchased a 24 SSLX, Bronze with Ivory upholstery and Mocha carpet from the dealer in Dickson. I haven't had time to finish breaking in the Yamaha 150 engine, as we've been having afternoon storms. A 11' x 18' metal frame had to be fabricated for the boat to rest on in my boathouse. I finished installing it this afternoon, and will be painting it tomorrow. Hopefully, my new boat will be in it's boathouse Saturday--and for many years to come. The dealer switched the 14 pitch prop for a Reliance 15 pitch prop yesterday, and I'll be interested if it made much difference.
Bamaman, did you buy it from Raymond at Leader Marine? Let me know how the 15" prop works, I'm only getting about 37mph with 2 on board and half tank with bimini up. Don't really care about the hole shot, but would like a little more top end if possible.

Cheers

Brian

Brian: Sure did. They reported my prop on warranty as a Reliance 15 pitch, but the one delivered was a Yamaha Performance Plus M series 14 pitch. They had run out of 15 pitch props. Max ordered a 15 pitch prop, and I swapped with them Wednesday.

I too felt I was just 2-3 mph short of where I should be--barely planed off @ 3000 rpm. I easily ran 6200 rpm's--up against the rev limiter.

All of the Yamaha 150 mid size pontoon tests online seem to use the 15 pitch prop. I'm going to put a few hours Saturday afternoon on the boat, and hopefully will get a handle on speeds then. I'll let you know where it stands on top end.

Back