Weird/Funny Story

patcraver

Reaction score
I just got a call from the dockmaster at my marina about a guy that wants to buy our boat for $2500 over what we paid for it. I thought he was joking but he said he wasn't. Apparantely the guy that wants to buy the boat saw us out tubing a few weeks ago and couldn't believe what the boat can do (which I thought was weird cause there are probably 10 awesome wakeboard boats at the marina as well). The dockmaster said the guy has been hanging around at the marina so he asked him if he needed help with something and he said he was hoping to catch us going out on the boat to offer us this deal. The river has been high and fast the past week and a half so we haven't been out. Of course we aren't going to sell the boat but I just thought it was a funny story to share. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Good story Patcraver...............almost the same thing happened to us a couple years ago............a family in a bow rider followed us into the No wake zone of our marina. After we floated the boat onto the trailer and we were on the side putting our playpen cover on the father approached us and gave us his business card and told us..........If you ever sell this boat, next year, 2 years, or 5 years from now I'll give you a $1000 over what it's bluebook value is. It was about 8 yrs. old at the time. We keep the card w/the registration on the boat............

That's just crazy. I wouldn't sell my boat for anything less than $2507.37 over what I paid for it and all the "stuff" that goes with it.  :rolleyes:   

Don't forget the sales tax you paid.  Ii would consider it and get a 2015

Sell It .I would  :D

Yup, sell it, get $2500 in upgrades on new one (maybe not as you have a 2013) ..... still counts as PADS though ...  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hook him up with your Bennington dealer, and get yourself a little commission from the sale!  ;)
Ours gives $100 for every referral. Sure wish I got that on the Mid America trailers as I've referred at least half a dozen buyers!

If you do sell it 

Getting another for this season as a new build seems unlikely

I don't think I could do without the Benny for the rest of the season

Who knows he may offer more !

89832097.jpg

Back