Well, what's done is done

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to winterize my boat this year, cuz we finally got on the lake yesterday!!! Wasn't a great day, wind made it a little choppy, but had good friends out with us so enjoyed every minute! Had my stereo guru cousin out with us trying to brainstorm how we can get a little more midrange in the music up front. The clarity is great, but I may have to adjust my crossover frequency just a hair to pull a little more lows. Not sure, I'll have to check what I even currently have it set to. I'm also hoping the second set of 650's up front will make a difference. Wish I could throw a pair of 808's up front as they would be perfect, but I think it would be a tough fit unless I completely customized the fronts.

I'm sure some of you remember the issue I had with the playpen cover last year. Well Bennington sent me a new one. It almost works, but it still isn't right. I will try to find someone locally who can alter it so it works properly. TB, if you happen to read this and want to actually fix the problems, feel free to pm me and we can chat. The rep whom I did all the work with last year who was very helpful in trying to get it all figured out, is unfortunately no longer the Bennington rep so I don't have any email addresses to contact someone. If any of you knowledgeable folks do have one, or a number for someone,  please pm it to me so hopefully this issue can be resolved for others as well. 

Rest assured all that earlier talk of what the "smart thing" for me to do, and money this and that, are all a distant memory. Not because anything in those areas changed, but the pride and happiness I had yesterday remind me of why it is all worth the struggle.  I had a couple different people cruise up beside me and start asking about the boat, and another (while we were just floating ) pulled up close, said how much they liked the boat, then proceeded to hold up their cell phone and video it while doing a complete circle around the boat! That one was a little weird for my liking, but whatever. 

Oh, and I should add that next time I make it out, I should actually break the 20 hour mark!! Woohoo! Haha

Amazing what a canvas guy can do. They modified the cover for me and zero problems since.

Video- did you have your speedo on again? You know that draws a crowd..

Are you sure they weren't just getting video of you? Infamous Derrick of the north.

Haha, rare video of the reclusive Derrick and his red Beast! Usually in hibernation for 9-10 months of the year, it's been said that he has only been visible 5-6 times over the past year! Funny thing is that this same Sunday last year is when we went and brought the boat home, then never got it on the water until I think Aug 11th because of stereo stuff! So I'm ahead of the game from last year!

Congrats Derrick, you do have an awesome looking boat.  Good to hear you got out and had a great time!

Glad to hear you finally made it. That has to be a new record!

Glad to hear your back in the saddle again Derrick. Things always have a way of working out. At the very least, I tend to forget about everything else while laying on my Benni !!

How very true Dave! It makes me laugh that my wife is the major voice on saying we should add more stereo gear though! Granted, I kind of "guide" her into the right thought process.  Might have to wait till next year unfortunately. We'll see.

What are you adding, Derrick? I've got a competition stereo friend working on a design for my boat now since I can't justify my PADS purchase right now.

Replacing my Rockford Fosgate amps, subs,& 6.5" for JL Audio equipment.

I'd actually like to switch out my amps and get the Sinister series amps from Wet Sounds, their power output and quality is ridiculous! But may just have to add an amp, some more speakers, then figure out if I need to figure out a little more low sound up front. I don't really want to lose any of my storage up front, but that may be the only option if it needs it.

How very true Dave! It makes me laugh that my wife is the major voice on saying we should add more stereo gear though! Granted, I kind of "guide" her into the right thought process.  Might have to wait till next year unfortunately. We'll see.
My wife doesn't want any music on the boat.  First, she doesn't like my taste in music, as I am stuck in the 60's - 80's.  Also, she wants to hear the birds and all the nature sounds.

My Wife is not "Guide-able" either!

I just listen to talk radio all the time.  Even when out on the water.

And when at home, it's news television (not MSNBC or CNN) and business channels.
Must be real exciting being swung around on a tube listening to political disputes and current stock market trends! :D hehe just fooling with you! 

Back