Wet Carpet .

Must have been rain all over Michigan... :eek: Went to the boat yesterday and the carpet on mine was soaked at the rear too. Seems to happen a few times a year. Doesn't get wet during a "normal" rain, but we had some pretty strong stuff over the past week. Uncover the boat and drive full speed around the lake until dry... don't smile while you are doing it!! :D

I am in Michigan as well and had the same issues with everything being wet under the cover. We had some hellish thunderstorms and actually a couple tornado's touch down nearby. I just chalked it up to water coming in under the rails and such. The seats were all dry as was the helm but the vinyl floor and everything along the floors under the seats and such was soaked.

I am considering running a bead of silicone or caulk along the inside of each compartment to keep the water out that noone will be able to see from the outside.

Seal it up too much and you'll potentially create a giant mold spore Petrie dish. I thought about adding a 1/4" foam bead around the entire base, but after thinking more I decided against it.

Seal it up too much and you'll potentially create a giant mold spore Petrie dish. I thought about adding a 1/4" foam bead around the entire base, but after thinking more I decided against it.
I am only going to use on the helm panel area , and only put it on when I know it is going to rain .

I need to keep it from getting under the helm ,takes too long to dry our under there .

Yeah, I was only referring to a couple of locations like the helm and privacy enclosure area where they are for the most part sealed except for what is able to run in underneath them.

We had more rain last night ,so I had to go check .It was dry today .

We had more rain last night ,so I had to go check .It was dry today .
That's good to hear and what I was beginning to think was happening. We kept our older pontoons for 20 years on a center lift with no canopy over it, so sometimes rain got in a bit through the openings, but most times not much. On a VERY rare occasion we had driving horizontal rain and it was driven in through the horizontal rail to deck gaps and left a fair amount of water on the floor. We'd just leave it open for a couple days, run it when we could, and all would dry out. When I cover my boat, I always flip the seats up just to let air run through them and keep it dry as possible.

With the new Bennington, we have a full canopy which is very deep and often don't put the cover on. That same night we had wicked driving rain here in NE Indiana, so when I saw your message I went out and checked it. Fortunately, we didn't have any water in the boat at all other than the open aft deck.

Yeah we did as well but it was minor compared to the last weeks thuderstorms. Should have plenty of time to dry out before next weekend I hope. If the temperature would come up a bit I think the fishing may actually start to take off. So far it has been pretty poor.

We are all the way up to 52 ,and is it ever windy .If wasn't so windy I was going to take it out ,but it is just too cold with the wind

It is 61 and sunny here today but windy. I finally built up the courage to pull the boat into the lift this weekend instead of walking it around by hand. Yesterday was the third time and was able to do it with all the wind so I'm pretty happy with myself. I also had the in-laws on board so I'm glad I didn't wreck with them on board. I hate wind, that is why I have a pontoon and not a sail boat. I'm also not an extreme kite flyer so wind is useless to me. Hopefully you get some warmer temps jsfb6pts and when you do send it down here!

It is 61 and sunny here today but windy. I finally built up the courage to pull the boat into the lift this weekend instead of walking it around by hand. Yesterday was the third time and was able to do it with all the wind so I'm pretty happy with myself. I also had the in-laws on board so I'm glad I didn't wreck with them on board. I hate wind, that is why I have a pontoon and not a sail boat. I'm also not an extreme kite flyer so wind is useless to me. Hopefully you get some warmer temps jsfb6pts and when you do send it down here!
I have to get it ,before I can send it .

We were told 9 years ago when we moved here ,that we only have two seasons ,Winter and the 4th of July .

Back