Wet Sounds Sub Woofer No Sound

vdpsc

Reaction score
My Wet Sounds subwoofer does not emit a sound.  It doesn't matter where the volume control knob is on the subwoofer.  The amp that sits on top of it lights up blue.  Is there a seperate power switch for it?  Are there settings in the stereo where it is assigned a certain channel?   Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Same with mine. Dealer can't get it fixed either. It's been a year.

Though I'm not intimately familiar with the Wetsounds sub setup, there are a few things I'd check. The light on the amp being on says that power is getting to the amp, meaning no switch is needed.

-From the head unit (stereo), check that your RCA cables are properly connected to the box's RCA inputs and the "sub out" pigtails of the headunit.

-Adjust subwoofer levels in the EQ settings of the headunit.

-Adjust gain levels on amplifier attached to sub.

-Pull actual subwoofer from box to verify it was connected properly to amp during construction.

One of the above is your culprit.

Spin had a lot of good tests, I would also check settings in headunit to make sure "sub out" is set to on.

I would double check the online fuse, actually, just switch it with a spare, it may be possible that the power light you see is just power from the remote turn on wire. A longshot, but worth double checking. 

Did you actually try putting a multi meter on the amps output(while music is playing)? That would narrow down if the power is getting all the way through the amp and the fault is with the sub. 

If there is no power coming out of the amp, then check if there is anything coming out of the sub preouts of the deck. That should narrow down the issue.

If there is no power coming out of the amp, then check if there is anything coming out of the sub preouts of the deck. That should narrow down the issue.
Good call! I just assumed the blue light was fed by the "hot", ground, & remote wire being connected correctly.

Good call! I just assumed the blue light was fed by the "hot", ground, & remote wire being connected correctly.
Well technically yes, and really the remote wire alone shouldn't turn on the blue light, but, when in doubt eliminate it out! :)

A different question should probably be a new post. The radio antenna is a big clear filament under the console that doesn't pull any radio stations. Can I connect a radio antennae wire to the metal post on the console??? I'm open to other ideas.

My sub was not working when I got my boat. I unscrewed the brackets that hold down the unit and pulled it out. All the controls, including the gain on the back were turned all the way down. Once I adjusted the controls on the back of the unit, it worked fine.

Amp mounted to the top may be wake tower-cockpit speakers amp. Wetsounds amp is built into the sub box.

Do what spin and bulldog stated to the sub. There should be a small box and a long wire that is the remote gain. Check to make sure that it's not all the way down.

Rwatts- with that boat, I would be emailing the regional bennington rep to get his butt out there. 1 year is unacceptable for any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the gain on the back of the unit is turned all the way down, the remote gain will not work. At least that is how it is on my boat. The first thing I checked was the remote gain, then the cable. When I could not find the problem, I removed the unit. Once I turned up the gain on the back, the remote worked fine.

I don't use the remote "bass boost" control at all. It's unplugged. Set it up properly and leave it alone. All that booster does is add distortion, which in turn will lessen the lifespan of the unit. I would definitely double check the gain controls though, not sure how I forgot to think of that! Luckily 2550RSR caught that! 

Back