wet sounds / upgrade issues !!

phatkid

Reaction score
Hey guys, 

So last tuesday I took delivery of my 2015 2550 rbr 

I had a 2013 2550 GL for my last boat

both boats ive had with the premium sound system,  with the new boat i went with the sony ms6 stereo and the wetsounds option / kicker amp with sub

My question is any of you having issues getting this system dialed in? im pretty good with this stuff and i cant get this stereo to sound good at all compared to my old boat that had the kicker speakers / wet sound amp and sub

im to the point where im embarressed to turn it up bescause it sounds aweful compared to my last boat , both boats had the systems installed at the factory 

6 6.5 wetsounds 1 10 inch sub under the helm kicker kxm 800x5 amp with remote bass control

looking for imput as im not happy at all with the sound quality 

for a 80k boat it should be so stupid loud and clear , love the boat hate the tunes........

thanks for any help you may have to offer

Jammie

We need more specifics. What seems to be the issue? Does the sub sound distorted? The coaxials? Is it not loud enough?

I'd check all of the connections and make sure they're well connected.  We had problems with just our basic stereo setup when we took delivery and it turned out the wiring just need to be connected properly and firmly.

Check the settings on the menu if you are connecting via Bluetooth. That head unit by default increases the Bluetooth level +6 and in my opinion really distorts the sound.

good morning, I too am looking to upgrade my tunes but don't know what to buy. need a little help. stock sony in my 2011 2550, looking to add at least 2 more speakers and a 10" sub. how big of amp. how many channel, best speakers ( I was thinking kicker or bazooka) although I want to be able to turn it up, I don't want to break the bank in doing so. thanks todd

Back