We've got ** OPEN WATER ** Let the boating begin!

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
Well we went to the lake last tuesday and I'd guess that the lake was still about 65% frozen over but with the warm temps we had late last week and the sunshine that all went away by saturday.  We have open water and I left the battery for the boat at home (real bummer) but I guess we paid for the lake melting off so quick yesterday as it snowed again but melted away quickly today with mid 40's weather.

Saw a few boats out on the lake running around fishing and a few pontoons going in at the boat ramp and a large cabin cruiser as well.

Come on summertime and lots of boating weather!!

DSCN1375_zpsxodnjhgn.jpg

DSCN1379_zpsbh4jy4j8.jpg

DSCN1380_zpsjfxairqh.jpg

DSCN1404_zps40yx1jol.jpg

DSCN1412_zpslwztlp8w.jpg

DSCN1414_zpsuvkpud58.jpg

DSCN1381_zpswmkxvpmb.jpg

I'm hoping to have ice off within the nest week here. Then the water level needs to come up 3 ft and I'll be all set!

That is awesome to hear, was up last week and still had Ice under the lift.  Will need to bring the battery up this weekend  - time for a spin!!!

Benney2075: 

What harbor do you use at the lake or is your benny out in front of the house?  We've been at river run the last 2 years and will probably be staying there unless we end up lakefront with a boat house....that's going to be quite a few years from now unfortunately.  There was a few spots that had a skim coat of ice back in some of the channels.by the state park and over by the moose and eagles....should be all clear now after warm temps and rain the last 2 days.    

Looks like it's going to be a couple weeks before I get to take the boat out for the first time this year.....couple of weekends dealing with our wedding stuff for June comes first.

Our boat is on the lifts behind Spend a Day - decided against going up this weekend  - something about these below freezing temps!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to a little sunshine.

We asked about getting a dock from spend a day when we bought our boat last year but at that time they had a waiting list and didn't know if they would have a dock open for us for last year.  With that we just renewed our spot at river run and upgraded to one with a lift for the new boat.  Our first year at river run with old boat we didn't have a lift since it had previously sat at a state dock out in the sun for 10+ years so we figured that just putting it under a roof without a lift was an improvement from what she had before.  I figured I could spend the $600 we saved (by not having a lift) I could buy gas all summer for the old 50HP johnson.

If I remember right it was 1750 or 1800 for the year for a dock with a lift beside spend a day showroom (along 708) and the park models.  I'm just wondering how tight it is getting a 25' boat cranked around in that narrow channel coming back in there.  We have roughly 40 feet between the buildings where we are now and on a crosswind day it can be a bit on the tight side getting back in.

At best its a 3 point turn  - on some of the windy days it grabbing the braces with a telescoping boat hook. Surprising how windy it gets back there some days.  But having the boat on a life is so nice. It used to sit at Delaware lake and just like the state docks at Indian Lake - the tubes would be covered in days.

Here's hoping the temps have finally bottomed out and are heading at least to normals.

Back