What are these wires for?!?

Jeffrey

Reaction score
So I'm swimming back to my R25RSR two days ago and I notice two wires with covered female connectors dangling just above the pontoon on the left side (as you look at the boat from the rear). They run into a snake which joins with another snake and clearly up to the console. What could these wires be there for??

This is the same side that has my sonar/temp gauge mounted to it, which is working just fine so the wires aren't for that.

I'm guessing these wires are ready to accept some sensor or power something low voltage that I didn't get? Would they be for under-boat LEDs?

Last edited:
So I'm swimming back to my R25RSR two days ago and I notice two wires with covered female connectors dangling just above the pontoon on the left side (as you look at the boat from the rear). They run into a snake which joins with another snake and clearly up to the console. What could these wires be there for??

This is the same side that has my sonar/temp gauge mounted to it, which is working just fine so the wires aren't for that.

I'm guessing these wires are ready to accept some sensor or power something low voltage that I didn't get? Would they be for under-boat LEDs?

Probably for leds or another aftermarket “power” source. I‘ve seen same “spare” connectors on both my Benningtons.

Ooo. I guess that makes sense because I *think* (need to verify) that I had a rocker switch on the right side of the wheel that didn't seem to have a purpose.

Back