What caused this?

dmc308

Reaction score
Any ideas on what might have caused this damage to the piping on seat upholstery? Took cover off for spring cleaning and noticed a 2 inch section of piping on a rear lounge cushion that appears to have been chewed away. No other damage and no sign of any droppings of any kind. Boat is a 2018 23 RSB that stays in covered slip on lift. Cover was tight with mothballs in pie trays for winter storage. Thanks in advance 2D07BB77-1DDC-4C5D-9823-CFA797D78652.jpeg

I live in the woods and have seen a lots of rodent damage . I had some things stored in our garage, with the same type of marks . "To me" it looks like mice .I use dryer sheets when storing the boat .

Yup, looks like mice. Look for mice rice throughout the boat. Also check your wiring prior to energizing to make sure they haven’t chewed any of them and you end up with an electrical issue.

Darn! What a bummer indeed but thankfully it could have been worse.

Thanks for the feedback and glad it was confined to a small area. Hopefully I can find someone to repair this small area as opposed to replacing the entire cushion.

Thrice on the mice! On my first boat years ago they got under the cover and chewed up all of my docklines into nests. Use dryer sheets and mothballs next year!!!

Mice again. be sure to check ALL wiring before you go out and get stranded! Fuel lines too.

Back