What cover to use ?

2013 20 SLX

Reaction score
I have a question ?

I will be storing my 20 SL 2013 in covered storage, however during times of use what do you all cover it

with when not using the mooring cover. I like to keep dust off of it and bird droppings. I use the mooring

cover for long or winter storage, also covered.

I want something easy to put on but still keep out the elements of dirt.

I think you all call it a storage cover...Any suggestions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only cover I use is the one that came with the boat.

I have a question ?

I will be storing my 20 SL 2013 in covered storage, however during times of use what do you all cover it

with when not using the mooring cover. I like to keep dust off of it and bird droppings. I use the mooring

cover for long or winter storage, also covered.

I want something easy to put on but still keep out the elements of dirt.

I think you all call it a storage cover...Any suggestions ?
We cover our 2275 GCW anytime it is not in use. Tried leaving our last pontoon uncovered several times and it turned out to be a mess even under a covered slip. We decided putting the cover on when not in use is well worth the few minutes it takes to do it.

Royo

I agree but I want a storage cover for in doors not the heavy mooring cover, I need something simpler to put on

while she sits inside the shed enclosed.

Suggestions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought. Since rain and wind is not an issue in a shed. You could use your cover without the poles and only use a couple of the snaps. If the cover is too heavy, you could get a cheap light weight semi custom from overton's and throw it over the boat and tie a couple of ropes.

I agree but I want a storage cover for in doors not the heavy mooring cover, I need something simpler to put on

while she sits inside the shed enclosed.

Suggestions ?
The new covers are not heavy. I like my old cover better because it was easier to put on and remove.

If you are looking for quick and cheap, get a big tarp from Harbor freight and use gallon water jugs tied off to the grommets to hold it down, but make removal quick & easy.

Better yet, if you can, mount some pulleys to ceiling, and use it to just lift off when not needed.

Just a thought. Since rain and wind is not an issue in a shed. You could use your cover without the poles and only use a couple of the snaps. If the cover is too heavy, you could get a cheap light weight semi custom from overton's and throw it over the boat and tie a couple of ropes.
Thats what I want a cheap throw over just to keep her dust free Overtons ?

ok will look not sure on the size though

Thanks again

Any other suggestions on a dust cover for a 20 SL....I use Bennington Cover for winter storage, but I

need just something to keep dust off her in the shed she is covered on 3 sides

2 - 3 hundred dollars for a dust cover is perfect any ideas ?

Any other suggestions on a dust cover for a 20 SL....I use Bennington Cover for winter storage, but I

need just something to keep dust off her in the shed she is covered on 3 sides

2 - 3 hundred dollars for a dust cover is perfect any ideas ?
If it's just to keep dust off, how about a White 10 Mil Poly tarp? I'd say 10 x 20 or 12 x 24 ought to do it. I suggest white to avoid any possiblity of color bleed.

Back