What do you think it is worth

rpm

Reaction score
ok I am sure all of you by now have seen my pontoon and all it has went through this winter,

well I found a new boat that I want to buy.. NO not brand new but it is another Bennington 22RL and has a few options that mine does not that make all day on the water a little better, ie: changing room,porta potty,double sundeck

so give me your honest opinions what you think mine is worth if I were to sell it as of right now I am just thinking out loud

Ron

Hi RPM -- honestly, I have no idea what your Pontoon might be worth. But it looks great! You'll have to consider what your market will bear, what used & new boats are going for in MI. I would guess you could get $10k to $15k.

In Delaware where I have my boat, used Pontoons that look horrible get up to $6k. Under $5k and you wonder if they float at all -- torn seats & carpet. Some dealers here price the used ones higher to push you across to the new boats.

If you restore boats as a hobby, maybe you should start a side business!

Good luck selling your boat.

ok I am sure all of you by now have seen my pontoon and all it has went through this winter,

well I found a new boat that I want to buy.. NO not brand new but it is another Bennington 22RL and has a few options that mine does not that make all day on the water a little better, ie: changing room,porta potty,double sundeck

so give me your honest opinions what you think mine is worth if I were to sell it as of right now I am just thinking out loud

Ron
Ron, Before I purchased my new 2011 Bennington Sli20 I looked at used. I had a perfect 2002 Four Winns Horizon180 with 190hp Volvo with 200 hours on it in mint condition. (The boat just did not fit our small lake at the new cabin whe just bought.) Not even a scratch any where on the boat. I was lucky to get $11,000 Then I would look at what junk $11,000 would buy me in a pontoon was a joke. Then I desided to look at 1 to 2 year old pontoons thinking it was like buying a 1 or 2 year old car. Let the other guy take the hit right. What I found in my area of Wisconsin was for about 3 to 4,000 more I could buy new and order what I wanted. The Sli 20 saved my butt with my wife because she loves her new Bennington. When I seen what I was getting in a Bennington-vs-any other brand and what I was willing to spend in this crazy economy. I was crazy not to buy it. Just go shopping around in your area at boat dealers and on craigs list and just see what you could buy that looks as good as your pontoon. That will give you an idea of how to price our pontoon.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Back