What is this dashboard icon?

Hours?

hour glass icon.  Looks like you have 9.9 hours on your boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hour Glass and how many hours of use .

The hour glass ,flashes while underway ,correct ?

Yup, flashes while it's running ..........or if you leave the key on.     :(

Are there no icons indicating what the motor alarm is for? The alarm goes off but nothing to indicate what the heck it's for.

You mean when you first turn the key to on before the motor is started?  That's just a warning signal telling passengers that you are about to start the motor...  At least on my Mercury.

You mean when you first turn the key to on before the motor is started? That's just a warning signal telling passengers that you are about to start the motor... At least on my Mercury.
Actually, when I've been underway, the motor alarm goes off with a continuous alarm tone. But nothing to tell me what it's for. It's happened a few times now. Don't know if it's temperature, oil, water pump, fuel separator, etc. how do you diagnose it?

Jason

Just like a car, the Yamaha ECU (computer) will store a code or codes for the fault. The dealer can connect to the motor and download the code and know what to look for. Get it checked.

Yep. Code reader at the dealer.

The only thing on my Merc is a continuous tone is a minor issue, and a beeping tone is major. I might have those backwards. Point is look in your manual and make sure it's not a major issue.

In my 150 Yamaha owners manual a continuous alarm means the engine cooling temp is high usually indicating a bad water pump or plugged water intake "I know because I have had a couple of water pumps go bad from river sand over the last 7 years" and a beeping while under way is low engine oil pressure.

On mine long loud buzzer means. "Hey stupid, look behind you, there's an oil slick that looks like the Exxon Valdes capsized behind you."

Back