What should I expect off MSRP on a new 2015 2575QCW Mid Bar

Mark649

Reaction score
In the process of negotiating a purchase on a 2015 bennington 2575 QCW Mid Bar loaded with a 350 Yamaha outboard. What can  I expect off MSRP from the Bennington dealer on this type of boat

Depends on the dealer .Location and volume 

And time of year. I would imagine now is the best time to buy in the north to fill winter orders. I'd say in the 23ish% off would be reasonable though. Some higher, some lower.

The range on this site seems to be from the mid teens to at most 30%. I think 25% would be a good goal.

The best you can expect would be somewhere in the 30% range but that would really depend on the dealership (location and if they are a volume dealer who will pass on the volume discount they receive to you the customer).  I received a discount of around 31% but the dealer is a volume dealer and makes orders for 4 boats at a time and thus their transportation costs are drastically reduced.  I think it would be misleading to expect a 30% discount from each and every dealer as the factors that go into those discounts vary from dealership to dealership.  The typical range seems to be somewhere between 10-25%.  What type of discount are you being quoted from the dealership? 

Just a quickie $.02 from some guy named Jeff.

Discounts can't be compared one dealer to the next unless all costs and benefits are held constant. 

Some things so simple as corporate tax rates, floor-plan programs, cost of living, geography and labor costs factor in to the cost of doing business. That a dealership in Atlanta might sell at 27% off can have no bearing on a dealership in Minneapolis that is only able to sell at 22% off.

And dealerships build value into their sale different ways, and unless ALL of those added value features are compared side by side and apples to apples, then a percentage discount comparison will not be relevant.

What you want at the end of the day is a dealer that is just as happy to have you as a customer, as you are to have them as a dealer. I'm not a boat dealer, but in a previous life, did own retail locations that were not too dissimilar. These are frustrating conversations to watch. Variables a mile deep, all being boiled down to a single percentage-off equation. With that said, some dealers are not good. But if you find a good one...

There are a lot of variable, I shopped three dealers and choose the one that had the best price and wanted to build a relationship with me as a customer. All three dealers were nice guys. The one I choose worked to get my business and he is over 200 miles from where I live and 50 miles from where I boat. The one thing that sold me this dealer, beside the price. The dealer put two Bennington in the water for me to test drive and had to drive 70 miles round trip to it.  Price is important, have a dealer you can trust and rely on is huge. Good luck

iin the "same boat" what was your msrp and what was the deal offered?

Just to piggyback on Jeff's comment, I strongly encourage you to choose a reputable dealer.  My Q is in the shop right now getting some full service repairs done without any cost to me, and without any hassles.  Very professional people over at Wilson Marine.  I've had some scares in my purchasing process and shared them here on the forum, and all have come to a positive conclusion.  I highly doubt I would have the same service with another a dealer had I made my decision on price alone... 

The dealership is quoting me 8 percent off a 2015 2575 qcw bar boat with MSRP approx. 107. Doesn't sound at all right to me Can someone advise

I would say to do some shopping around on the net.

Where are you located? I agree that 8% does not sound correct. You have received excellent advice above. I will add that it is preferable to choose a legit dealer that is close to your location. However, not everyone can be fortunate to have both a legit dealer who deals properly close by. Once we know your location and how far you are willing to travel to a legit dealer, we may be able to suggest various dealers to contact.

Cheers, Steve

Or maybe that dealer just really likes to haggle. Maybe you just need to counter well below a more appropriate price. My dealer would probably start the process 8% ABOVE. 

bcpnick -  I have been online looking to replace the toon we take to Canada.  I think I saw your trade-in for sale in Utah.

Back