What's it worth?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Hey folks, seriously considering putting the boat for sale. What do you think is a fair price for it? 2014 2275RCW Tower, EZ Loader custom Executive series trailer, 250hp SHO with 39 hours on it, including all the stereo gear / batteries. 

There's nothing remotely close around here for me to compare it to so I thought you folks could give me a better idea. I'm not sure I want to yet, just trying to get a financial plan / idea to see if it would help with funding for Lulu and what may come. 

Thanks 

$65k (usd) and they must provide you a 4 page dissertation on why they deserve her.

Www.nadaguides.com

Www.nadaguides.com

I tried looking at this, but it really is kind of useless. It gives a very general idea, but so many options aren't listed or are minimalized. For instance, stereo Cd player, Xm radio, 4 speakers...... No option for "3 subs, 4 amps, 8 speakers, 2 tower speakers, 3 batteries, stand alone shore charger, battery monitor, all Wet Sounds and Wet Sounds + and -  and distribution. So my $5G of stereo gear equals about $350 on nadaguides! Haha. Even the trailers only give option of fibreglass or chrome fenders. That's why I'm kinda stumped. 

Also not sure how tough it is to sell a Canadian boat in the States. Probably a much higher demand / chance that someone there is willing to pay what it's worth. 

As in hot rod parts, the return on original investment is very small. Unless you find the exact right guy. Not hatin', just a reality.

The problem with adding niche stereo equipment is the next guy probably could care less. I hope that isn't the case should you sell but that is my gut feeling. I can't believe you only have 39 hours on it. That is crazy! Have you had it out yet this year? 

As in hot rod parts, the return on original investment is very small. Unless you find the exact right guy. Not hatin', just a reality.

beat me to it Randy! 

Last edited by a moderator:

+1. Unfortunately very true. Normally items YOU buy aftermarket, and not part of the original invoice pay back a very low percentage. They were things you did for your own pleasure. It's that way with cars, bikes, houses, etc. 

I want to be clear. I am not stepping on Derrick's deck even one little bit. There is a guy looking for an awesome, lightly used Bennington with a bumping sound system. But it's a needle in a haystack.

I added up all the aftermarket "stuff" I put on my truck and it was almost $7K. Does KBB or NADA give a rip? Nope. Nor does the bank of the guy trying to finance it.

It is a harsh reality.

Derrick, my brother, I hope you find "the guy."

Nor does the bank of the guy trying to finance it.

And there is the most common obstacle most buyers will face, even if they agree with the added value of the stereo.

My guess would be around $65k. Just depends on the market area and the right time of year.

P.S. Its a beautiful rig and if I hadn't bought one last year yours would be at the top of my list.

No worries Randy, I know the harsh reality of aftermarket resale from my younger years! Trading in a car to a dealership and told the dealer, "well I did all this stereo stuff" dealer said, "well it had a stereo when you bought it new" haha. 

That being said, I do think that in this instance it does add a bit of value since probably the person looking for a wakeboard tower pontoon will also want the standout stereo to go with it. Granted I realize I won't get out of it what I put in. 

Oh and yes, I DID get out on it! Once, last Saturday, put 2.4 hours on it! Haha, but did get the opportunity to break in another nephew on his first boat ride ever! It was a great day. So far that's 6 nephews and nieces!  That's one of the biggest reasons I don't want to sell, they all like coming out on Uncle Derrick's boat, and I love having them!

Having friends and family out on the boat is what it is all about. We have a nephew who is going through some stuff but while he is on a knee board behind the boat he is all smiles. But, if you did sell I'm sure they would love to come see you still. Can't the wife pick up a second or third job???????????????

Just keep a list of your "options" you added and when/if questioned you have the info on hand to explain to them the reason for the increase in price. 

Do you have the original stereo deck/speakers. If you do you can always replace them as original equipment. 

Personally I think Bennington should buy it back from you. Is'nt there somthing about it that no one else has like it's the only 2014 with "x" on it? I forget what it is, but I think they should buy it and put it in the Bennington museum. Plus it was owned by you.

Personally I think Bennington should buy it back from you. Is'nt there somthing about it that no one else has like it's the only 2014 with "x" on it? I forget what it is, but I think they should buy it and put it in the Bennington museum. Plus it was owned by you.

Well I'm not 100% sure, but pretty positive it's the only 2014 2275RCW with a tower. They changed in 2014 and made it only available on a 2375RCW. Mine got built right when doing the model year changeover.

As for the museum thing, you crack me up! I would have to say there are far more people on here deserving of recognition from Bennington than some guy in the northern sticks that it takes 3 years to put on as many hours as a lot of you do in a week. From certain members that are always willing to take out new owners and show them around the boat and their lakes, moderators who always try to keep a level head and squash controversy before it gets too far, to the many that offer so many helpful tips, product reviews and stunning pictures that make us all want to get out on our Bennington for just a chance to be a part of the beauty surrounding us. Nope, I'm just a guy that used to make a joke now and then, and I haven't been chipping in my fair share this past year. You folks with the years of real world knowledge and experience and are willing to share it with anyone and everyone. You are what keeps people coming back. 

But there is no one who can lay claim to inventing PADS. Only you, bay-bee!

But there is no one who can lay claim to inventing PADS. Only you, bay-bee!

I swear I must of picked that disease up when I crossed the border snowmobiling this year! Must of built 10 different boats in the last month!  :lol:

It is even contagious just through the computer screen!  Many will vouch for that! 

Back