What's new?

Bill N

Reaction score
To TB (or anyone with the ability to answer), please describe new items/options. Such as Mega Pan, Co-Captain's Lounge, Bench w/Chaise exchange, Hybrid Top etc. PICS WOULD BE COOL!

What is difference between Dual Battery w/switch & Power distribution Panel?

Dual battery w/switch is just what it sounds like. Distribution panel is where your power from the batteries gets distributed from before it goes to the helm and motor etc.

The "Hybrid Top" has a tower like frame and a very nice latching bimini top stretched across a frame that folds down or tilts back as one piece. You can't connect a tow rope to it and it does not fold down. I'll try to get some pics up when I get back tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bimini folds down, but not the tower, is that what you are saying?

It would be nice to see a video clip of how it works.

The bimini folds down, but not the tower, is that what you are saying?

It would be nice to see a video clip of how it works.
Yes, that's correct. Sorry no clip but I have some pictures of the latch.

Co-Captain's Lounge is a seat to the port of the Captain's Chair that is reclined back and has a pull out foot stool, drink holder. Some will love it; I was non-plussed. Kudos to BM for taking risks on new ideas. That's how trends get started.

Better news is that many models have a built in cooler in the port stern that drains overboard. Throw in some ice and brews and it's go time, baby!

Mega pan, as it was described to me, is a bigger motor pod that can hold a larger fuel tank without creating more drag in the water. Another engineering refinement from the best pontoon builder on earth!

Co-Captain's Lounge is a seat to the port of the Captain's Chair that is reclined back and has a pull out foot stool, drink holder. Some will love it; I was non-plussed. Kudos to BM for taking risks on new ideas. That's how trends get started.

The Co-captain chair had a uncomfortable angle to the back. Jill sat for a minute and said no way. The hybrid tower has straps on the top of the hinged Bimini for storing your tube on top of the fabric. Really neat idea and is only available through Bennington.

The new ladders are really neat. They got rid of the rubber strap and the ladder locks into the holder. The I/O ski platform has handles at the ladder and the new ladder latch system. If we don't buy a new boat I am going to buy the new platform.

The hybrid tower mounts to the rails. It looks like it could replace the Bimini on our boats. Would be a good looking addition.

I think Bench w/Chaise exchange; exchanges the Queens helm seat with a Chaise lounger. See my gallery for what it looks like. Keep in mind I have the movable seat next to it, so it appears as if it is a full lounger.

Hybrid tower "retrofittable" to current boats that have the Bimini top? Interested if that's possible

It should be as from what I saw it bolts to the top rails. It was a lot of weight on the top rail and the MI rep said they are looking into other ways to mount it.

Hybrid tower "retrofittable" to current boats that have the Bimini top? Interested if that's possible
I didn't ask that, but it does mount to the rails. I didn't notice any extra reinforcement or anything.

I talked to Bennington today about the hybrid top. It will fit older boats. They are working on a top that folds but don't have a timeline on it yet. They also have not sold one to aftermarket yet so he had no idea of the price point. You will have a few holes in the rails from where the Bimini brackets were located. I will be at my dealer on Saturday morning to purchase a new Bimini top and I will have him get a price from Bennington. I will pass it on. If I had not ordered new fabric 4 weeks ago I would have held off to get the price on the hybrid top.

I want one NOW

The hybrid top looks great but keep in mind.............for those of you that want to retrofit older boats..........unless the mounting holes are in the exact spot as your bimini top holes, the playpen cover will also have to be altered...........

Back