When to buy new?

Thanks for all the responses!   I have to confess that I have had traits of "PADS" (LOL!!) in the past with other sports too so unfortunately it has crept up on me again!    My kids are now getting into water sports so I knew I needed to step up to a better performing and more powerful boat so I was wondering if I should go back to a v-hull boat for the overall performance aspect.   Well, being an owner of a pontoon for 20 years I really hated to give up my comfort and space, and of course my Bennington, but I could never understand why one would spend BIG BUCKS for a performance pontoon when you could spend way less on a v-hull.  Well, now that I have had a few laps around the lake on my new/used Bennington I can see why!   Nothing can compare to the comfort, quality, and now performance of a Bennington pontoon.   I know I don't have the best performance option but being around motorized sports for a majority of my life I can see why one would get addicted to have more power and handling. 

SO, now the major hurdle will be convincing momma (aka; wife)  that we need to upgrade again thus my inquiry to you all for your purchasing experiences.  I've got a few marinas within an hour or so drive that I can contact for pricing etc but   I'm not dealer loyal and will go where the deal is whether it be a private owner or boat show etc.   I may also try some of the bigger dealers in the Chicago area to see what they have to offer or differ to the larger Chicago Boat Show.   

Regardless,  I am confessing to having PADS and I appreciate the continued support of my fellow Bennington comrades! 

Cheers!

Harski

Admittance is the first hurdle, convincing the wife is a WHOLE NOTHER problem!! Hehe 

Harski,

Good luck on your quest! I will say that you may want to balance a great deal with great service. Not all dealers are the same as many on this forum will attest.

BC,  you got that right!   I'm pretty lucky and that momma will at least talk it out first rather than kicking me in the tail end!  And thanks for being the first to admit to PADS so others know it's okay to come out too!  LOL! 

jsur,   I know what you're saying and I do/will weigh that into consideration.   I will just not be bound to my local dealer with their arrogance and monopolizing that they hold over my immediate area.    I'm just stubborn with that aspect and sometimes it helps and other times it hurts!   

Harski

If you are willing to travel .

I have a great dealer ,in Northern Michigan .

Ask for Ty, he is the owner .They takes trades too .

http://www.burtlakemarina.com/

Keep a eye on Ebay and craiglist.  You have time.  I got lucky on our big boat on Ebay.  Nobody else was interested and it was 50 miles from my house. Got a great deal on a boat show boat for the small boat.  I was willing to walk from both if I wasn't happy with the pricing. 

You'll love the 150hp but it won't be enough for you.

Start looking and enjoy the summer.

Back