Where does bilge water exit

L23250HP

Reaction score
My dealer advises that if water gets into the center pontoon the bilge will pump it out and the water goes in-between the plywood deck and the aluminum water protection on the under deck. If that's true then that defeats have the aluminum water protection on the under side. Unless the philosophy is constant water under the boat is more destructive than a little bilge water. Is the dealer info correct?

My bilge pumps dumps into the motor bay area, well or whatever you call that. It’s up high right next to plywood.
Turn bilge on and start filling up from a hose. Also a good way to check the auto too, note, it takes a ton of water to activate.

My dealer advises that if water gets into the center pontoon the bilge will pump it out and the water goes in-between the plywood deck and the aluminum water protection on the under deck. If that's true then that defeats have the aluminum water protection on the under side. Unless the philosophy is constant water under the boat is more destructive than a little bilge water. Is the dealer info correct?
That’s not to protect the plywood from the water, it prevents the water from hitting the crossmembers and surging. My plywood always gets wet (no underskin)

I think your dealer is mistaken, it should pump into your transom splash well as Timdelta advised. But you should confirm how it was plumbed by running a quick test and visually confirming, perhaps they've changed how the boats are fabricated.

Regardless - it's a boat and it gets wet. A little bilge water isn't going to do anything to harm you marine-grade plywood decking. I'd be more concerned about keeping your bilge as dry as possible as the bilge won't pump out 100% of the water (none ever do) and could result in mold growth if that bilge area isn't ventilated.

Back