Where is everyone??

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Wow, been quiet here last couple days. I hope that's a good sign that everyone's getting out on the water. I know we got out 1/2 day Sat ( had to work till noon) and got out all day today. Yesterday felt like what it SHOULD have been like in July????

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching football ,weather stinks up here.

It is "supposed" to be nice M-T-W  :D

Been quiet around here, too. Seems like when school starts, the boating stops! I've been working overtime all weekend and back in tonight. So that creamed my weekend boating plans. But, I'm hopefully off for the next 4, so I'm going out... Rain or Shine! Hell or High water! I'm going!!! And not answering my phone from a certain number at work!

Our lake is 18-20 feet low so no boating there for us.  Can't get the boat in at the one ramp that remains open.  Therefore, we go over and work on the barn on the weekends. 

If we want to boat, we hook up and travel somewhere. Spent a few days at Texoma earlier this summer.   Its just not the same as getting out on our local water every weekend visiting with friends.

Got home a while ago and just now checking in to see how things are here at the forum. 

Weather was pretty good on Lake Cumberland Friday and Saturday until about 3, when the rain started. Poker run was Friday and Saturday, so there was a bit of traffic, and some very fast boats.

been working most of the wkend. But I was wondering if the site went dark for a while. no new posts were happening.

well at least I know the forum isn't broken .....    :blink:

My back hurt and my knee decided it's time for it's third knee surgery, so I decided to leave the boat at home and do a little backpacking while I still can. Sounds crazy, but it's amazing what walking a few miles with a 30+ pound load will do for the lower back. Feels so much better now. The knee on the other hand...  :blink:  Next weekend: boating. 

IMG_1165.jpg

Nice photo!

Spent 8 hours on the lake today.  Probably the best boating day of the season, warm, dry, sunny and the water finally got into the upper 70's.  Boat's only 4 weeks old so we're making the best of what's left of the good weather.  Actually had our first tow in 20 years.  Were heading in around dusk when a boat with two adults and two young kids began frantically waving at us.  Their recently rebuilt engine died in the middle of the lake so we ended up towing them a few miles to the marina.  All in all a great day.  :)

Life gets in the way sometimes.

Cheers, Steve

Wife figures we should pack the boat up and call it a season. Yup, less than 6 hours on it. Just wondering if I should bother doing an oil change, or just do the lower unit. Thoughts?

If it were mine, I'd change it. Or at least change it in the spring.

If you are going to change it ,I would do it now .Just to make sure no water got in .

I have about 4 on mine this year. Been devoting too much time to OT at work and building my new shed. I'm gonna change the L/U lube and call it good. Next spring I'll change the crankcase oil & filter and screw in some new NGK's and a new main fuel filter.

Oh Ya! Rockie.... Love that pic! Very nice!!!

I've been busy working on this. I only have the 16' steel barn siding panels to put up on the bottom cord of the trusses and it will be done.Then the shed starts...

AC141207-3AD3-4A61-A2AA-FC6865DB76A8_zpsntqorfy3.jpg

We've been getting ready to go to PDB Days next week. We've never been out that way so it should be an adventure. There are supposed to be 5 new Bennys there along with a bunch of other boats, all 2015's.

Carl, tell everybody hi for Denise and I, We need to make one of those events, maybe next year! Are you taking the boat?

Back