Where to Spare

G

Geewest

Hey I was wondering where I can carry a spare Tire. Our old boat 2575 RlIO with a Zemain Trailer had a spot in the front triangle where the spare laid flat. Our new boat 2575 QCW with the V/M trailer Has no sutch space. I will post pic's later of the 2 diffrent trailers. Wondering if their is a kit that I can install that will allow me to hold a spare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same spare mount also. I keep it on a middle rail on the trailer UNDER the actual boat when it sits on the trailer thus hopefully added a few less years untill dry rot.

Thanks for the link Cwag, Was wondering if you would be able to mount the spair flat or does it need to mount Vertical??

Here is the location of the spair on the zeiman trailer

DSC00036.jpg

Here is that same location on my V/M trailer

DSC00035.jpg

Im not sure where on the trailer the spair would mount so it was out of the way if it had to mount vertical

DSC00034.jpg

I'm sure you could find a place on the trailer where the spare would fit and be out of the way. You might be able to fit the bracket sideways or in between the tubes in the front.

I bought a universal bracket at Wallyworld. The bracket positions the tire flat under the front of the center toon on a rail. Very nice place on my trailer for it to ride. It even looks like it could have came from the factory there.

Headed to the lake today. If I remember, I will try to get a pic and post it.

Hope this helps.

andy

Yea Andy I would love a link or pic to guide me. Wally world is a scary place for the UN educated

Wanting to mount my spare trailer tire on my Bennington 2275 Tritoon trailer to get it out of my storage shed. Can you recommend a universal bracket and where to mount it. Would it have to be welded on or do these mount with U-Bolts to the frme usually?

I have 2 spares mounted with the ubolts. You can put them anywhere on the frame that works for you.

Back