Which mirror

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Okay, so we all agree that the PTM Edge mirror looks great, must work well since no one has complained about it, so I ask the question, which one and size did you get? Clamp on, bolt on, 4x8 or 6x14? And if you got the big mirror, does it still fold down out of the way easily or does it hit stuff? I'm thinking the 4x8 is sufficient, but hey, with all you knowledgeable people on here, thought it worth the ask!

I love the mirror we got. It's the smaller size but it's plenty big. I got the clamp-on style so just in case my wife lets me get another boat, I can transfer it. The best part is that I don't have to keep asking Suzi, "Is there anyone behind us?" :rolleyes:

DSC02743_zps8fc907d1.jpg

Here are a few pics of my mirror Derrick. Like Carl, I chose the clamp on type. I have had several mirrors over the years, but these are absolutely the best. Gerry P.S. notice the all important Bottle opener ! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry,

Is that the larger one? I really appreciate the pictures on the sloped R series rail with the power top, which is what I'm getting. I wasn't exactly sure where it would fit and it looks great on yours.

Thanks!

We just purchased the larger one on Thursday 299.00 When it comes in I will let you know how it fits. I got the bolt on one not the screw on one

I got the clamp on for a couple of reasons: You really should be sure of the position. Not only front or back laying it down, but how close it is to the drivers seat effects the field of vision behind you. A clamp on lets you try a couple different spots. I would hate to drill one and then realize I don't like where it fits in with the top up or something else like that. With the adhesive pad that comes with the clamp on for final assembly, I dont think it would ever be an issue coming loose.

I also got the 4 x 8 and think its perfect. The bigger one would surely be difficult to fit in while laying it down in my boat for sure. Realize you need to fold it to put the playpen cover on.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Tom, I got the 4 x 8. I agree with LT1GMC, I feel the 4 x 8 is perfect. You will love the powertop. Look in my gallery and you can see the powertop controls with reset. Very nice installation from Bennington. Gerry

I've had the small bolt on mirror for one season now and love it! But if I were to buy another one I would probably try the larger one to see if I was able to see more behind me...........what's another $50 right?

Anybody know of a coupon code for the PTM mirror? any buying group deals going?

Ok, called and talked with Jeff at PTM Edge. He said someone else had sent in an email about this, and they have forwarded it on to the marketing manager. He said that normally we would/should work through a dealer since the company doesn't want to go around their dealer network. He is going to email me and let me know the final decision, but it sounds like we will need to go through a dealer for a group-buy. I would also think we would need at least 10 to make it worthwhile to any dealer. Thoughts?

I guess I didn't even know they had dealers as they sell on the website direct. I'd be interested.

Being that this forum doesn't allow advertising or vendors because it's manufacturer specific and hosted by Bennington, it'll probably be hard to get a group buy deal.

Back