Which one? 23 or 25?

rvrkids

Reaction score
Hello - My husband and I are torn between which size to get. It would be the exact same boat just in a 23 or 25. It is the SSRCFBXP with SPS plus pkg and 250 Yamaha engine.

Any thoughts on this? I've heard that the 23 with that pkg and engine runs like a dream. Does that mean the 25 would be just as great or is it bigger size a detriment? I like that you can carry an extra person or 2 on the bigger boat but don't necessarily want to give up a great ride for the extra room.

Appreciate all thoughts.

I have a 23 R very happy with it . I never have given any though to going bigger if/when I upgrade .
Other things to consider ,trailer ,storage , and docking .At our previous marina a 25 ft would have been too long for our slip

We've had a 22' for 12 years. We have room for plenty of people and it just fits. I wouldn't want to dock anything larger. Have you test driven both?

We have a 25'. It is big ( the kids have had 10 friends on it) and a large rig when trailering. It handles beautifully and is easy to dock but we are not going into a covered dock with a lift. People will find places to sit on a 23'. Determine the use for 90% of the time and get the size that works for that.

Thank you! We have not test driven either of these but we have multiple pontoons in our family and friends have a 25 Bennington but with a much smaller engine.

We have measured and both will fit on our dock and in our barn for storage...that's why it is coming down to how they ride.

Well, if both fit your dock and barn and you're looking for the best ride I'd lean toward the 25. Granted there isn't a huge difference between the 23/25 but the extra weight as well as the length will promote a slightly better ride. The 250 will push either of those boats no problem. You can't go wrong with either boat but the 25 will certainly feel bigger even though on paper it's a very minimal difference.

Go big or go home .... :D
If you can afford it and don’t have an issue with the extra size, I’d go 25. I love the amount of room we have on our 23’ (25’ bow to stern). We have to text each other it’s so big ... :p

I really think this is more of a personal preference decision. While I've never been on anything smaller than my GCW 2574, I can tell you that she handles beautifully and we do enjoy the extra room. That said, a 250 will definitely push a 23' a bit faster if that is important to you. Either way, I don't see how you could go wrong. Flip a coin and get out on the water...

Think of it as a floating living room, size does matter.

If they both fit you go big! I've got a R23 for a TN house I am building and a Q25 at my WI. cabin. If it wasn't for the dock restrictions in TN,I probably would have stuck w/25's. With a 25' you might see at most a 2 mile speed difference. You won't miss that as much as telling a great neighbor that you don't have room on the boat!

On rougher water, a longer tritoon is going to glide across rougher waves a bit better. Thus, if you’re boating on bodies of water that can see bigger waves/wakes, the extra length of the 25’ should do even better than the 23’ - and the 23’ should still do really well with that hull. If you are boating on calmer or smaller bodies of water, ride quality will likely be the same, and it would just be a matter of having more room for quests.

Last edited:
Back