Why don't they paint pontoons like AL fishing boats?

Pbakk

Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased my first pontoon, Bennington 22GSR, with Yamaha F115. Very nice boat and I am surprised how much I like it. My question is why don't they paint the AL pontoons like they paint other AL fishing boats? Seems that it would reduce some of the maintenance and improve the look, resale, etc.

Thanks.

Hello,

Just purchased my first pontoon, Bennington 22GSR, with Yamaha F115. Very nice boat and I am surprised how much I like it. My question is why don't they paint the AL pontoons like they paint other AL fishing boats? Seems that it would reduce some of the maintenance and improve the look, resale, etc.

Thanks.
My question is what does the AL mean ? Thanks !

Actually, some brands do feature painted tunes which do look pretty nice. However, I've also heard that they may be susceptible to marring, but I can't confirm that.

I have seen a few boats on our lake with painted toons. I can also see scratches in the paint from pulling in and out of their slips. I prefer the traditional look of the aluminum. But that is just me.

Last edited:
Cost factor. Your $12K boat would be $15K....

Another brand pontoon has them painted at our marina .They looked good new .Now they that are scratched and marred .Now not so much .
Actually, some brands do feature painted tunes which do look pretty nice. However, I've also heard that they may be susceptible to marring, but I can't confirm that.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that wraps are available, allowing the customer to choose their own unique look.

Back