Widebody water skis.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Quick question for the water skiiers on this forum....... We have had a pair of O'brien combo skis since we have had our Bennington. (12th season) They have held up well but it's time for another pair. Doing research for new skis we have seen "widebody" models. Supposed to help with deepwater starts when teaching people how to ski. Does anybody have a pair or have any experience with them?

we have a pair and they do make the start easier. Downside is that they are not a performance ski. For a new skier or older legs they are a help.

we have a pair and they do make the start easier. Downside is that they are not a performance ski. For a new skier or older legs they are a help.
Thx. My "older legs" skier just turned 58. Ha! Her goal every year is to slalom (which she has done) and hopefully these will make it easier for her and for the people we take that wants to learn.....

Quick question for the water skiiers on this forum....... We have had a pair of O'brien combo skis since we have had our Bennington. (12th season) They have held up well but it's time for another pair. Doing research for new skis we have seen "widebody" models. Supposed to help with deepwater starts when teaching people how to ski. Does anybody have a pair or have any experience with them?

Bigkahuna I have had my “ old fat bald guys ski” for around ten years. It is a wide parabolic shaped ski that my family bought me when we still had our pontoon with a 90 HP merc. It has been my favorite since. It is easy to deep water start and it cuts nearly as well as my competition ski I had when I was a young whipper snapper. It’s amazing how the shaped skis perform. On snow and water. Not at the same time. LOL.

We ordered a pair of widebody skis made by Gladiator on Tuesday morning from Overtons after Remediation responded to this post. They were delivered this afternoon. Almost can't get any faster than that! (Tried to post pics but was unable to)

IMG_20190903_203257419.jpgIMG_20190903_203310495.jpg
Literally came in 1 day!!! We were going to try them today but the weather is a bit unsettled and windy. We are about 3 hrs. from the coast and the hurricane.....

Back