Will a r25 fit in a 30 foot boat stall?

Mr_reality

Reaction score
Trying to determine if the r25 will fit in a 30 foot boat stall. Don't want the motor to extend past the stall and be in the elements.

A 25RCW (example) is 27’3” without motor. Depending on motor size, will be real close.

My motor is about 18” outside my covered lift. I keep a coat of wax on the engine cowling and put its fitted cover on if not being used for an extended period.

Sounds like you will want the fitted cover for peace of mind and coverage. Ours is no longer under a lift canopy like it used to be, but we keep the motor covered with a fitted cover. Looks good. After getting it on and off a few times, it loosened up enough to make it quick and easy.

It will fit but just barely. I have a 25 GSB under a 30 foot canopy and with the bow lined up against the front of the canopy the shroud will be covered underneath if in the down position. My suggestion is to leave a foot or so covered at the bow and trim the engine up full tilt to pull the engine forward a bit.

Hi - first post here. I have a ‘19 R23 and the motor hangs out slightly from our cover. We end up with lots of bird poop. Where did you find a cover for the motor? Are these specific to Yamaha or more general? We have the 200 if that matters. Thanks for the help and have enjoyed reading the board and learning quite a bit from you guys.

Hi - first post here. I have a ‘19 R23 and the motor hangs out slightly from our cover. We end up with lots of bird poop. Where did you find a cover for the motor? Are these specific to Yamaha or more general? We have the 200 if that matters. Thanks for the help and have enjoyed reading the board and learning quite a bit from you guys.
I found mine on amazon.

You can buy cheaper generic motor covers from amazon and otheronline boat suppliers. Also, as far as I know, every manufacturer sells their own custom fit motor covers. These fit precisely to your motor, and have the motor manufacturer log/name on them. I also believe they are often of slightly better quality in many cases.

Generic = covers motor, much more cost effective,
Manufacturer Cover = covers motor, has log or name, fits precisely, is typically VERY expensive.

We bought the Mercury cover for our Mercury and love it. But it was more than double the price of a generic cover.

In Jamaica, they put a t-shirt over the engine cover. :cool:

Back