Will Mooring Whips interfere with the bimini top during docking

lostpacket

Reaction score
Since I have to dock on the wind side I'm worried about it constantly hitting the fenders so I'm thinking of getting whips. One of the comments on a site was if you have the bimini up it can stag the line when docking which could tear or break things. Does anyone have experience with this? I guess I could have cleats on the other side of the dock to try and connect the whips to keep them away?

Since I have to dock on the wind side I'm worried about it constantly hitting the fenders so I'm thinking of getting whips. One of the comments on a site was if you have the bimini up it can stag the line when docking which could tear or break things. Does anyone have experience with this? I guess I could have cleats on the other side of the dock to try and connect the whips to keep them away?
Yes I have used whips for years and you need to tie them off to stop them from getting snagged. Do not leave whip ropes hanging loose they will get tangled in the Bimini top. For me it is a greater problem at high tide.

image.jpeg

You mentioned the other side of the dock......If you can tie up on both sides of your boat you can do it where your boat/fender will never make contact with the dock. We have 6 fenders, 3 on each side. If we tie up correctly no matter how windy it gets the fenders will never make contact. They are only there if something happens and it gets loose......

Back