winter cover or shrink wrap

Four R's

Reaction score
We live in New Jersey and was wondering if a winter cover would be as good to use as shrink wrap? How much would a winter cover cost for a 2012 22GCW?

Inside storage or outside during the winter?

If you can afford inside storage, that is the best way to go. If not, then shrink wrap if left outside wtih no roof. It seals all the crap outside the boat that could get blown insde the boat if just a cover is placed over her.

Not sure what kind of price's inside storage draws in your area, but here in Michigan, its typically $7 dollar per foot of boat (not trailer) at least where I am at for boats under 8' foot wide and $10 per foor for boat's over 8' feet wide. My 24 footer costs me $240 dollars for winter storage and I put my trailer in their barn for the summer months for a extra $40 bucks. This is cheap considering most of us spend $30K+ on our boats.

Strange analysis but I use it on my uncle and hunting buddies all the time. They'll spend $1200-$1500 on a Benelli or Browning or Remington shotgun for duck and goose hunting. But they skimp out on the ammo (or shell's) for their guns. They want the cheapest ammo they can find. If it costs me $1 per shell or $1.50 per shell everytime I pull the tirgger, I'm going with the best ammo I can afford. Better patterns, more downrange penetration and more dead ducks / geese vs chasing cripples.. I'd rather squeeze the trigger less and come home with more, then to pull the trigger 2 or 3 times and either miss or hope I got enough pellets for a quick clean kill and have to spend the time it takes to go run down cripples.

Would you put pump 87 octane into a 1970 GTO judge to save $0.30 a gallon or put the proper octane (91) and have that baby purr like the muscle machine it was made for?

If you can afford infoor storage, go for it. 2nd best is shrink wrap. I would never protect the investment you put into a Benny and just put a outdoor cover over it especially if you live in a high snow / rain / wet area you may live in

Todd

My 2 cents I also do indoor storage year round with the mooring cover on it to keep it clean. I could not agree more with mtudb24 you spend $40-50000 on your boat, give it the best possible storage and it will last you a long time.

Used to live in NJ and I would do shrink wrap.

+3 on the inside or under roof storage......I pay a flat rate of $60 a month for under roof storage here in Virginia.........

When they shrink wrap, is the regular playpen cover under it? If so, will the poles support the weight of snow?

When they shrink wrap your boat the cover is off and the build a structure out of 2x2 and strapping. You need to make sure that there are no openings for animals to get under the shrink wrap. A family of raccoons will destroy your interior.

Back