winter storage

joewolf

Reaction score
My 20sl will not fit in my garage on the trailer,  I've been told not to lower it on the cement floor.  What is the best way to store it off the trailer?

Foam blocks under the tubes would work.

Welcome aboard Joe!

I deleted your duplicate post, you will get used to the 'lag' time between hitting post and when it actually posts  ;)

I see pictures of toons sitting on concrete or asphalt all the time, so i don't think that is a problem. But, getting it on the ground gently would be the concern.

Some folks set them on blocks or old tires, but you have to be careful of where your supports are, you don't want to cave in one of your toons.

I'd get going a good speed in reverse, once you think the momentum will carry the boat to the desired storage location stand on the brakes.

Just kidding!!! Is this trailer yours? If it is a bunk style where it holds under the toons you may have to rent a scissor type that lifts from the deck. That way you can back it in with the toons clearing by only inches if needed. Might want to get some reliable spotters, and youngsters with phones in their hands may not provide their full attention.

I use styrofoam blocks you can get from places that sell utility trailers. They come between the trailers when shipped to them. I've gotten them from tractor supply and lowes for free. Some places sell them for a couple bucks each. They are about 12 by 12 by 18 inches. I've cut them in half and put one at each weld point. My neighbor lowers his pontoon onto wheeled dollies and then rolls it into his garage. We use scissor trailers though, not bunk style.

We'll be taking some air out of the tires (to fit under the door) and removing the tongue once it's in the garage (it's only held by four bolts).  Add air back into the tires and it should fit.   :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we could... the garage is 30' long and the boat/motor is just short of that.  We might have a little less than an inch of room to spare...  So until we extend the garage, the tongue, steps and anything past the front of the boat must be removed so that we can store it in our garage.  At least we can keep it on the trailer.

Great picture CWag, did you take that off Google Earth or Maps?  Your property is absolutely gorgeous.

Great picture CWag, did you take that off Google Earth or Maps?  Your property is absolutely gorgeous.
We have a photographer friend who was doing aerial shots of another place and he took this one.

Just got a phone call last week and sounds like I may have lost my inside storage I had for free the last 7 years due to his son having 2 55 Fords torn apart for restoration, so it looks like I will be doing a wrap and leaving it in my yard for the winter.

After 7 years you're ahead of the game.

After 7 years you're ahead of the game.
Yep, I can't complain I was extremely lucky to have that option for as long as I did. I offered to pay him but he refused every year just took him and his wife out to dinner for payment.

I just got a price of 200 per month for heated storage......Need to look further

Just my $.02 - but $200/mo for indoor heated would be a bargain in my neck of the woods.

Back