Won't start after sitting in the heat

My 2016 90 Yamaha does something like that. Initial startup is fine, but if we stop to swim, fish or whatever for say 30 minutes, it may or may not startup on the first try. Asked the dealer about it last year and they hadn't heard of it before. May ask again and see if they know anything about this valve you all are talking about.

Sounds like its likely either siphoning back into the tank or vapor locking.

Another thing to maybe try... Check to make sure the primer bulb is mounted in a vertical position with the outlet at the top. Our dealer said that was very important. We have a Yamaha but I wonder if so for others too.

Funny, now that you say that, I think I've noticed in the past if I try it different ways, it will prime. I will have to pay attention to this next time. 

Funny, now that you say that, I think I've noticed in the past if I try it different ways, it will prime. I will have to pay attention to this next time. 

Is your "20" fuel injected or does it have a carb.

Sounds like its likely either siphoning back into the tank or vapor locking.

Another thing to maybe try... Check to make sure the primer bulb is mounted in a vertical position with the outlet at the top. Our dealer said that was very important. We have a Yamaha but I wonder if so for others too.

Mine is mounted horizontal and there isn't any extra line (that I see) to change it.

Hmmm,save the gas on the boat.But take the savings to put into the Mini's tank. Because I know your probably hell on the Mini's paddle shifters and your mpg is $hit.

Actually, that's what's so great. I hammer the pi$$ it of it and still average 30-ish mpg. Took a little highway trip while on vacation, and averaged 38 mpg. Man I love the MINI!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
We were out both Saturday and Sunday and no issues!!

Weather was 90 but VERY windy keeping things cooled down.

Back