Would this be covered under warranty?

Seth

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought my 2017 bennington 21slx about a month ago and love it. It only had 14 hours on it when I bought it :). I pulled the cover off the other day and noticed the bezel on the radio face plate is cracked. KMC2. Would this be covered under warranty? It does not look like any thing has hit it.

IMG_5526.jpg IMG_5527.jpg

Also I just thought about it, when I bought the boat the strap on the left rear corner was not there, I guess it got torn off, would this be covered under warranty as well?

IMG_5406.jpg

Talk to the dealer you bought it from. Personally I don't think they would be warranty as it is a used boat and if a strap is missing, well that should have been corrected when buying the boat. As for the bezel, I've never heard of them spontaneously cracking without SOMETHING causing it. All that being said, talk to your dealer, they may be able to get them from Bennington and process it through as warranty, I just don't believe it would be expected to be covered under warranty as it isn't something that failed. Just my opinion, that and a dollar will get you a lottery ticket! :)

I’d have to agree with Derrick. Check with dealer but don’t be surprised if not covered. You can get a canvas shop to add a strap and those round mount stereos can be found many places on line in numerous brands.
How bout some more pics of your new ride????

Talked to my dealership about it and the radio will be covered. They told me they have actually had quite a few of them.
@BulldogsCadillac I'm not really sure what being used has to do with the warranty as the remainder of bennington's 10 year warranty was transferred to me. Nevertheless, I did not ask them about the strap as I snagged the Bimini on something and am going to go ahead and replace it.

My first time buying something newer with a warranty. My dealership seems to be pretty great so far with both sales and service.

Surprisingly I don't have many pictures of the boat, I guess because they all are taken on snap chat and I forget to save them.

IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5489.JPG IMG_5488.JPG

Talked to my dealership about it and the radio will be covered. They told me they have actually had quite a few of them.
@BulldogsCadillac I'm not really sure what being used has to do with the warranty as the remainder of bennington's 10 year warranty was transferred to me. Nevertheless, I did not ask them about the strap as I snagged the Bimini on something and am going to go ahead and replace it.

My first time buying something newer with a warranty. My dealership seems to be pretty great so far with both sales and service.
That's great! My only reason for saying it was used was the fact that if you bought a car used and there was no spare tire when you bought it, it isn't the manufacturers fault that the previous owner lost the spare tire. Same could be said for a missing strap. Like I said, glad it's all working out, obviously I think Bennington is a great company, I've bought enough of their boats! Haha

Back