Yamaha F150 Engine Cover

4gators

Reaction score
Questions?

1) I believe it is made so you can ride with it on or take it off when before leaving the dock?

2) So when we were out cruising along, I eventually anchored then and put it on. Fits real nice, and I have the strap tighten on the gear as instructed. That does seem to loosen up easier than I thought. When traveling on, the back of the boat, engine area sounded different. I was thinking it was the water spray going into the cover, or hitting. Has anyone else have a Yamaha cover and the notice the same noise difference?

Questions?

1) I believe it is made so you can ride with it on or take it off when before leaving the dock?

2) So when we were out cruising along, I eventually anchored then and put it on. Fits real nice, and I have the strap tighten on the gear as instructed. That does seem to loosen up easier than I thought. When traveling on, the back of the boat, engine area sounded different. I was thinking it was the water spray going into the cover, or hitting. Has anyone else have a Yamaha cover and the notice the same noise difference?
Hi Gators,

Please DO NOT run your engine with the canvas engine cover installed! You will create an air restriction issue in the engine that could lead to serious problems. TB

Back