Yamaha F150LA versus TLR

Smoky Mountain

Reaction score
Our 2274 is being rigged this week. When I spoke with the dealer and we were going over the deal sheet and updating Serial Numbers he indicated that the Yamaha F150 was an LA as opposed to a F150TLR. He said they could get the TLR if we wanted it. He also said the LA was a $1000 more than the TLR so it didn't sound like a model number/suffix change for 2012. Is this just a model number and price update for 2012?

I didn't find anything on the Yamaha website about TLR versus LA, but it does look the the LA is the latest version and perhaps the TLR has been dropped/slightly modified.

Anyone know what the difference is?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Yamaha PDF TB posted either yamaha is keeping secrets or 1k more for an uglier decal I would choose the TLR based on the non info they offered up in the PDF.

According to the Yamaha PDF TB posted either yamaha is keeping secrets or 1k more for an uglier decal I would choose the TLR based on the non info they offered up in the PDF.
Interesting. Personally I like the "new" graphic better. I'm not a fan of big swooshes.

I again asked the Dealer about the difference today while at the Dealership. He indicated they changed the manifold(s) and that the engine ran smoother and quieter at low speeds.

Sounds like bunk to me based on the pdf.

Thanks for sharing that. He indicated that the LA is the latest version. The 1K, who knows? Maybe that's a Bennington increase? Business is good.....raise prices.

Bennington did not raise boat pricing mid-year, but Yamaha did have a small price increase February 1st. Please keep in mind that dealers purchase inventory at various times of the year under various buying programs, so the price they quote for engines can vary with inventory. Your dealer may have been trying to save you money and time by offering the TL model versus the LA model? Just a thought! TB

Back