Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Yamaha F200 (not digital)

Discussion in 'Technical Stuff' started by Jacob Dixon, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Jacob Dixon

Jacob Dixon Active Member

I just purchased a new 2017 Bennington SSRX with a Yamaha F200 (which i'm told isn't digital.. the one I got). I want to connect it to my Lowrance HDS-7. I'm getting some mixed data online about what exactly is needed so I had a couple questions:

• Do I need a single cable to go from the engine to the NMEA 2000 port on my Lowrance HDS-7?
    • Do I have to convert it to digital first and then go to the Lowrance?

Just wanted some opinions if anyone has done this with the F-series engines 

2. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

3. Jacob Dixon

It is a little confusing to me too. I *THINK* I just need the Yamaha-to-NMEA adapter and the NMEA Starter kit to create the network. So the Yamaha-to-NMEA adapter goes into the NMEA network and so does the Lowrance.

4. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

I believe the starter kit is to add more than one thing though. If only using the Lowrance, I think you just need the Yamaha cable. I believe the network just allows you to use the t's for multiple displays. 

5. Jacob Dixon

I wasn't 100% because the documentation says the network is required. I really wish these dealers knew more about this stuff!

6. Jacob Dixon

I ended up getting it wired but don't get how many gallons are left in the fuel tank.

Here is all I needed:

That was it! Interface cable connects directly to a plug in the engine. To get digital trim there was two cables taped with yellow cable (one had a pink cable). I just untapped them, took the caps off and connected them together.