Yamaha f200

1roadking

Reaction score
I am wondering if bennington can re-rate my boat for the yamaha f200 up from the 150. It weighs almost exactly the same amount and I can't imagine another 50 hp hurting my 2075 gli with ESP package. Seems like a really nice light compact 200 for a smaller boat. I already can get up to almost 40 with the 150 just thinking the 200 wouldn't work as hard and might get me a little more top end with a full boat. Thoughts???

Funny you should ask....I asked a similar question to my dealer most recently at a boat show. My question was more in regards to doing a twin eliptical boat with a 200 since the weight was the same as the 150. He checked with Bennington and it is something they are looking into, however there are certain parameters they have to work within so that the boats maintain the NMMA certification; but they will be testing this and looking into it.....interesting and exciting stuff. That new 200 is a nice package for the weight. Its got me holding off buying a new one. I would go through your dealer and see what Bennington says...doesn't hurt to ask.

Ya, not sure it would be a big difference but interested in seeing some testing and performance data.

Yamaha does have a performance bulletin up for this engine, however, its for a 22ft aqua patio tripletoon...if memory serves me correct, I think it was pushing 43mph, but Ill have to double check.

It's an inline 4 cylinder like the f150 and very light weight, so a great option to have available.

http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/F200

You can bet Mercury will have to come up with a version of their 4-stroke 150 (non-Verado) to up the ante too.

If you're in need of a little more oomph, look into having your F150 ECU reflashed for more horsepower. It's the cheapest way to more performance.

Then you'd go up two inches more pitch on the prop.

You can have a f150 rep re-propped??

A F150 @ 6000 rpms and 40 mph is about 6% prop slippage, which is about as good as you can get. More speed will require a higher pitch prop, and pushing more prop is just be a matter of horsepower.

Bennington is the largest purchaser of Yamaha outboards. When dealers buy Yamaha outboards with hew Benningtons, they get a price cut because Bennington buys Yamahas in bulk and passes some of the savings on to dealers.

Trading over to the new 200 SHO would probably be a much more expensive proposition than you realize.

Dealers that buy outboards for repowering go through Yamaha's regular purchasing channels, and they're at regular, expensive prices..

Back