Yamaha F70 prop

HBH

Reaction score
Jan. of this year I bought my pontoon boat.  In the months since I have run in to oyster beds and pulled up a crab pot.  End result, propeller is jacked.  Currentlhy has a 14x11-k on it.  A friend gave me a new 13 1/4x17-k. Will this prop be ok on my boat?

NO!  That is way too much pitch for your motor. You should replace it with what you have on there now.

Carl is right, 17 is way too much pitch, but...you should consider what your WOT rpm was with the old prop, and if it was too low, you should consider making a change to get the numbers right up to max. rpm.

That much pitch could damage your motor. It would be like driving a stick shift car in 5th gear ALL the time.

Go to the Props and Power section of the forum and find your motor there for prop suggestions.

Thanks to all of you. 

And that IS why I came here before pulling the old one. 

So if anyone needs a 13 1/4 X 17-K, came of of a Yamaha 75, just let me know and we can work something out.

Next thing is, the dealer where I bought the boat wants $202.95 for a new one, don't know if it is installed or not, but I see them advertised for a lot less on the internet.  Where would be a good place in the internet to get one?  And I am going to check out different places in my area!

Delta Propeller in Cleves OH.  Have gotten all my prop's there.  I can drive to it but i think they ship for free over a certain $.  Just google them.  Great people.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back