Yeti soft cooler

We go through a case of bottled water every week around here. I'm going to freeze a few and try your method. That'll be much less of a pain trying to keep the food dry and out of the melted ice!

We take the labels off after refilling, so everybody knows it isn't new water. Actually Jill does I could care less. Drinking tap water hasn't hurt me yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
We go through a case of bottled water every week around here. I'm going to freeze a few and try your method. That'll be much less of a pain trying to keep the food dry and out of the melted ice!
With new bottles, we usually pour just a bit out before we freeze them so there is room for expansion. 

Thanks for the tip. We normally just toss them into the recycle bin. Now I've got a new use for them.

I got the second to largest Yeti, it works great, keeps ice for days even in direct sun exposure and I live in Dallas and the lid never stays closed for more than 10 min before another drink is needed. It fits my boat perfectly and is great for big gatherings, hunting trips, kids sporting events, keeping bait and anything you can think of...I really want to get the new soft sided one next.

Nick has it wired. For the Benny, I keep a coleman xtreme--from Wal-Mart on the starboard side in front of the helm. It makes a nice seat if needed. It is a 70 qt. We load up the 48 AO cooler and place it in the coleman. It fits perfect and makes taking drinks etc on and off the boat easy. I also freeze bottles of water and use ice. The AO keeps ice for three days. When I take it off the boat,( there are usually plenty of bottles of water and soft drinks left over) we keep it in the house or by the pool for the next couple of days and it keeps our drinks nice and cold. Did I mention it gets hot here.

Cheers, Steve

I keep my cold stuff in a 30cu ft Samsumg fridge! Works great and keeps everything cold for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
First post, new Bennington owner.

I first bought the soft Yeti and later added the 65. By far I like the softer one better. I can carry it easily by myself. It fits in the back seat of the truck easily and once it's broken in is great. I would agree the hard Yetis are a bit over rated but damnit it matches my Java interior perfect. If I can figure a hoist system to get it in the boat I'm set.

Anybody own both a Yeti soft cooler and an AO soft cooler? I have several AO's and consider them good, but not great. However, I am not convinced the Yeti is substantially better to warrant the cost.

I have/had a Yeti cooler and it's not my favorite, my oldest son hunts/camps and he likes it. Yes, it keeps things cold for days, so would anything with a foot of insulation and weighing 100 lbs. The weight, capacity vs. external size leads me to give it a big thumbs down for a day or two on the lake.

The Yeti 30oz tumbler is another story! Yep heavy for it's size but who cares as it's small. This tumbler keeps ice in my car for 30 to 36 hours in 100 degree South Carolina heat. I ordered a dozen of these for Christmas gifts this year.

Steve

I have/had a Yeti cooler and it's not my favorite, my oldest son hunts/camps and he likes it. Yes, it keeps things cold for days, so would anything with a foot of insulation and weighing 100 lbs. The weight, capacity vs. external size leads me to give it a big thumbs down for a day or two on the lake.

The Yeti 30oz tumbler is another story! Yep heavy for it's size but who cares as it's small. This tumbler keeps ice in my car for 30 to 36 hours in 100 degree South Carolina heat. I ordered a dozen of these for Christmas gifts this year.

Steve
Well that's very thoughtful of you!  Did you need my shipping address?  Hehe

Derrick, do you really have a problem keeping things cold?? I figured you would need a hot plate to get beer to the ideal drinking temp.

Derrick, do you really have a problem keeping things cold?? I figured you would need a hot plate to get beer to the ideal drinking temp.
Haha, always picking on the Canadian!  I really am tempted on that soft cooler, might still look at the AO coolers too.

I've got an AO Cooler and it works well even in Havasu heat.  Summers here get 115-120 and the cooler has always kept things cold all day.  By the end of the day the ice is melted about 75%.  I'm probably going to invest in a Yeti or RTIC hard cooler for next season.

Back