175 vmax on a 23 LSB SPS. The odd duck motor?

Looks like ur in 2nd hole from top
I'm gonna move mine into 2nd hole as well . I think hole 1 makes it sit too low in water creating more drag. Ur specs are inline with others that are in hole 2. What rpm do u pull with light load 1 or 2 ppl and what do u pull loaded when ur hitting mid to upper 30's?

I'm gonna move mine into 2nd hole as well . I think hole 1 makes it sit too low in water creating more drag. Ur specs are inline with others that are in hole 2. What rpm do u pull with light load 1 or 2 ppl and what do u pull loaded when ur hitting mid to upper 30's

Loaded its 5500 rpm at 36-38mph light load is 5900-6000 rpm 40-41mph. The last few times out it seemed on the lower side of the mph for each load but I think I need to clean the growth off my toons. I leave it in the water for the season.

Loaded its 5500 rpm at 36-38mph light load is 5900-6000 rpm 40-41mph. The last few times out it seemed on the lower side of the mph for each load but I think I need to clean the growth off my toons. I leave it in the water for the season.
Gotcha. My dealer is gonna move the motor up a hole for 30 min labor. I think that will put me where I need to be. Thx man

The 150 SHO has 2.01 gears the 175 SHO and F 200 have 1.86 gears and as stated all run the same 2.8 block but the F 200 doesn't have the same valve timing. I have a 2022 SXRX 22 on order and first went with the 150 SHO but have asked to up it for the 175 SHO and hope I get it in April 2022

I have a sx23 premium with the SPS package with a Vmax 175. Loaded with 6 people in windy conditions I was at 38 mph and had more throttle to go. I had to stop because my Lilly pad floating mat on the bow flew up. I'm just 5 hrs into my break in. I think I'll be in the 44 mph range with a light load and calm water I have a 14.5x15 stainless prop that was dealer installed. The motor has great throttle response and power. So far I'm pleased. I'm going from a 60hp 2 toon boat so this is a different animal all together. Plus the vmax looks better in my opinion.. Good luck with your boat!

I have a sx23 premium with the SPS package with a Vmax 175. Loaded with 6 people in windy conditions I was at 38 mph and had more throttle to go. I had to stop because my Lilly pad floating mat on the bow flew up. I'm just 5 hrs into my break in. I think I'll be in the 44 mph range with a light load and calm water I have a 14.5x15 stainless prop that was dealer installed. The motor has great throttle response and power. So far I'm pleased. I'm going from a 60hp 2 toon boat so this is a different animal all together. Plus the vmax looks better in my opinion.. Good luck with your boat!
Do you notice any prop blow out or cavitation? How far are u able to trim before ventilation? Cornering tight without blowout? You have a Yamaha reliance prop?

Last edited:
Back