1999 Bennington 227FS HELP

clarks hill

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to this form and hoping for a little help. I just purchased a 1999 Bennington 227FS yesterday. The privacy curtain is missing. The flip up rod and everything else is there, just the curtain missing. Also the wood grain dash panel is faded so bad you cant hardly read the writing on it. Im just wondering if anyone out there may know of some good used, or new for that matter replacements that i could purchase. I have already talked to Bennington and they cant help me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

An upholstery shop should be able to make you a curtain very easily. As for the dash, if it's just the wood grain look that you are worried about, check out a shop that does vinyl wraps. They may be able to do a wood grain wrap on it. It's amazing what they can do with wraps now days.

Oh yeah, congrats on a Benni purchase !! Welcome to the forum.

The wrap idea is a good one.Krylon will also work. If you can measure the hoop for the curtain, I'll see if it's the same size as mine and give you the size of the curtain. And welcome to the club. B)

Welcome to the club. I agree with the first two responses. A good canvas shop can do wonders. Also the wrapping is so good now, it's really hard to tell that it's wrapping.

Again welcome to the club and good luck with your Bennie

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. As far as the curtain goes the measurement on the loop is 25 1/2 on the sides and 18 1/4 front and back. As for the dash panel the problem really isnt the wood grain look itself, but the writing on it. Such as nav. light , horn, acc . All of the writing has about faded away. It is very hard to see. I know its not a necessity, but I just think it would look better. I have searched everywhere online and cant find a replacement. I'll keep looking, maybe i might get lucky. Again thanks everyone, and thanks for welcoming me to the party.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. As far as the curtain goes the measurement on the loop is 25 1/2 on the sides and 18 1/4 front and back. As for the dash panel the problem really isnt the wood grain look itself, but the writing on it. Such as nav. light , horn, acc . All of the writing has about faded away. It is very hard to see. I know its not a necessity, but I just think it would look better. I have searched everywhere online and cant find a replacement. I'll keep looking, maybe i might get lucky. Again thanks everyone, and thanks for welcoming me to the party.
Some use silk screening to add or replace lettering. This link is for graphics but it works equally well for lettering.

http://www.boat-project.com/otherproj/sscreen.htm

Back