20' SLMX Bennington website msrp price compared to dealer. Also options that I need

The 20SLMX has the same furniture and interior space as an SLX, but slid back on the chassis so there is more bow deck.  Our Michigan rep asked for this a few years back.  Apparently Michiganders like more room out front than out back!

If you can negotiate down from MSRP that's great, but please note that Bennington sets a HIGHLY AGGRESSIVE MSRP on our S Series models from 16-21 feet, so there is likely very little wiggle room on those particular models.  They are a great buy.

Good luck!

TB

I am so Happy with the S - Series 

Thank you Bennington 

Same Warranty and Guarantee on all Models 

Q R G and S

I Love It 

886813_1561122367511742_1421083915610210094_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TB makes a good point (or maybe I should say "implies" a good point) that I don't recall anyone ever mentioning on this forum, and that is that there is probably more % discount to be had off MSRP in the higher end models.  There has been lots of discussion on this topic for many years, but I don't recall anyone pointing out the potential for a discrepancy between the different models, and I think that is a good point for people to keep in mind when asking about this. 

Especially the smaller length S model owners shouldn't feel as bad if they didn't seem to get as good of a deal as others might have.  Don't feel bad, you'll get a bigger % off MSRP when you upgrade to an R someday!

TB makes a good point (or maybe I should say "implies" a good point) that I don't recall anyone ever mentioning on this forum, and that is that there is probably more % discount to be had off MSRP in the higher end models.  There has been lots of discussion on this topic for many years, but I don't recall anyone pointing out the potential for a discrepancy between the different models, and I think that is a good point for people to keep in mind when asking about this. 

Especially the smaller length S model owners shouldn't feel as bad if they didn't seem to get as good of a deal as others might have.  Don't feel bad, you'll get a bigger % off MSRP when you upgrade to an R someday!
I agree after owning an SLX in 2013  then getting P.A.D.s after our 1st season then upgrading to an R in 2014 

Here is a very recent scenario.  Went to the Minneapolis boat show and agreed to purchase with a refundable down payment, but did not agree to specific terms, conditions, or even exact product.  Wife and I decided on all of the things that we wanted and informed the dealer.  Dealer came back with a price.  I made an offer that was somewhere around 70% of MSRP or about 30% less than.  Dealer originally said no, so I shopped it.  I was able to get pretty close with another dealer when the first dealer came back and said that they would honor my offer.

I think I got about as good of a deal as I could considering it was the best price I could find from several dealers by about $800.

I just went through several painstaking months researching this and working the numbers among several dealers.  I am very new to boating so I may have missed something along the way but I noticed that anywhere from about 18%-25% was the average range for a mid priced boat (30k - 45k).  In the end I went with a dealer who I knew to have been with Bennington for a long time and I figured he got plenty of factory incentives from them.  I ended up with about 24% off msrp.  I feel like I got a decent price and the dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.   

Here is a very recent scenario.  Went to the Minneapolis boat show and agreed to purchase with a refundable down payment, but did not agree to specific terms, conditions, or even exact product.  Wife and I decided on all of the things that we wanted and informed the dealer.  Dealer came back with a price.  I made an offer that was somewhere around 70% of MSRP or about 30% less than.  Dealer originally said no, so I shopped it.  I was able to get pretty close with another dealer when the first dealer came back and said that they would honor my offer.

I think I got about as good of a deal as I could considering it was the best price I could find from several dealers by about $800.
I just went through several painstaking months researching this and working the numbers among several dealers.  I am very new to boating so I may have missed something along the way but I noticed that anywhere from about 18%-25% was the average range for a mid priced boat (30k - 45k).  In the end I went with a dealer who I knew to have been with Bennington for a long time and I figured he got plenty of factory incentives from them.  I ended up with about 24% off msrp.  I feel like I got a decent price and the dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.   
That is what matters ,You feel you got a "good price" 

... I feel like I got a decent price and the dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.   
The most important part of the deal is right there  :)  Congrats!

That is what matters ,You feel you got a "good price" 
I think it may have helped that I bought it from Miller Marine in Saint Cloud, MN which is apparently the largest Bennington dealer in the country.  I was told they move around 1000 units per year.

But, who knows.

I'd be curious to see who the number one dealer is. I know Wilson Marine here in MI is up there as well for sales volume.

Here in this area you have basically one dealer for bennington. We traveled two hours to look at boats and found we wanted a bennington due to the big front deck. We came back home looked up bennington and found Lodders marine. According to the dealer we got 8000 off MSRP which was around 34,000. .I built the exact same boat online and it came out to just about what their MSRP was. It looks to be just over 20% off MSRP so I am good with that. In the end though the payments worked out to be where we wanted them and we got a nice boat that has most of what we wanted. 

We bought from Lodders and were treated well and their pricing was fair. 

22.jpg

Too many models to keep track of .... Not sure of the difference between 20SLMX and 21SL 

Seems like Black is quite common 

The boat looks great to me

Enjoy

2016 Bennington 20 SLMX Stock: NB488888 | Dry Dock Marinehttps://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...DdrJiuLpG7ozfDizBPx10Y4Q&ust=1453964970666874

www.drydockboats.com800 × 600Search by image

2016 Bennington 20 SLMX Angola, Indiana ...

Wanted to get an idea of what we are talking about ... Found this online

I was not offered the three options in the first pic. Although, my wife probably would have said they were not necessary anyway.

That would be the blonde package!!!!! Not too many wives click that box on the boat builder site.

That would be the blonde package!!!!! Not too many wives click that box on the boat builder site.

Any married guy checking the box for the Blonde Package is likely also getting the Blackeye Package without knowing it!

Just tell her that it is a new Coast Guard requirement for deployable flotation devices.

If a hot blonde qualified as throwable flotation device you wouldn't be able to get your boat in the water due to all the "drowning" men splashing around!

Randy, Something tells me that is why God gave us two eyes!!!!  

If any married man selects the blond package, it's  a good likelihood you won't have the boat very long anyway, as she'll probably get it in the divorce.   :wacko:

Another reason to buy a pontoon. If she gets 1/2, your 1/2 will still float!

Back