20 SLX Add a toon and bigger engine?

ErinnDan

Reaction score
Any way to add a center toon and upgrade my 70 hp to a 115?

I would have it done over the winter if it's possible. Any thoughts? Cost estimates?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You can add the Express Tube package to twin 25" tubes. Quite a few threads on it lately so do a little searching and you'll learn a lot. Short story is that you'll need to call your dealer and talk to them. It has to ship with a boat load that has room for it, otherwise shipping can be prohibitively expensive. It's possible to install yourself if you're up for it since the holes are already there. That was what I intended to do to bring down the cost, but then I got a bad case of PADs and traded in my two tube boat. This thread is helpful:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3984-i-can-be-your-advisor-regarding-adding-an-express-tube-to-your-boat/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded a 2011 20sli with a 70 for a new 20slx tritoon with the 115, huge difference, have you looked into trading? Don't know what a toon cost but that 115 lists for over 11k.

You probably really need to sell your boat on the retail market, and buy another boat outright.

The 22' or longer tritoon boats are not that much more expensive (than 20'), and they're more seaworthy in the water. 

And if you could swing a 150 hp motor, you wouldn't believe how much stronger, smoother and faster running they are than 115 hp motors.

I've been out on the lake this afternoon on a 25 mph, smooth cruise.  Cannot get over how quiet my F150 motor is at those speeds, and how danged nice the tritoon ride is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back